Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Equineaddict- a journey to replace fat with muscle page 4

Primal Fuel
    I love this article, so am putting it here so I can always find it.
    The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.Metabolism and ketosis » The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.
    And this 2002 article:
    What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie? - New York Times
    And this too, for some resource links:
    Science & Research

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Hiya Glad that you got through your carb cravings and that your pain is better. Hope that the car repairs aren't TOO painful!
    I am lucky (if you can call it that) that by the time I decided to do this, my carb binges had me feeling so badly that I don't really crave them much now. Well, I did a bit today while in CostCo and Target because I could smell all of the carbalicious poison that they had cooking (or probably just warming) at the snack bars. I was hungry too. But happily, I had stuff at home to whip up quickly (half leftover and half quick saute) so my tummy is happy and I'm enjoying a nice, tall glass of red wine Hope that your carb cravings go AWAY soon!
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle View Post
    Hiya Glad that you got through your carb cravings and that your pain is better. Hope that the car repairs aren't TOO painful!
    I am lucky (if you can call it that) that by the time I decided to do this, my carb binges had me feeling so badly that I don't really crave them much now. Well, I did a bit today while in CostCo and Target because I could smell all of the carbalicious poison that they had cooking (or probably just warming) at the snack bars. I was hungry too. But happily, I had stuff at home to whip up quickly (half leftover and half quick saute) so my tummy is happy and I'm enjoying a nice, tall glass of red wine Hope that your carb cravings go AWAY soon!
    Amanda
    Thanks Amanda! But the car repairs will be $1000-$1500. That will be a big chunk of money for my family. That could buy a cow, butchered and all!
    I'm glad you are done with the carb binges that made you sick. Sounds like you did quite well, and I do think you earned your celebratory glass of wine.

I watched these videos. They are great. I don't know who the speaker is, but he is pretty good.
    I hope these links work. I'm copying and pasting on my iPad.

Ok, the first link shows just the name YouTube when I view my post. It is actually for Part 1.

YouTube
    Big Fat Fiasco pt. 2 - YouTube
    Big Fat Fiasco pt. 3 - YouTube
    Big Fat Fiasco pt. 4 - YouTube
    Big Fat Fiasco pt. 5 - YouTube

So today was a long day. I jumped on the scale in the morning because I felt thinner. Same weight. Same measurements, too. But I woke up in ketosis. I had a shot of vodka last night, in some sparkling water. Not sure if that impacted my brain or my body. Ha.

I ate high fat, low carb today. Until the pig wings. This is pork tenderloin cooked same as chicken wings. So I think they are breaded, then fried. I did look up buffalo wing sauce and it could be low carb. Depends on the recipe and if they add sugar or not. This makes me wonder if bar wings are breaded before they are fried. Thursday is wing night at the local bar. 2 pints and all you can eat wings for $14.99. I could get water or diet soda and wings... If they are not breaded.

I told a friend at work about MDA. I talk about it with other women whom I know will understand my obsession. I am trying to get my sister to start eating Primal so I can get good recipes from her. She is clever.

Nothing else memorable, except I did have a great lunch. I grated 3 zucchini and 2 yellow summer squash and sautéed them in butter. In a separate pan, I cooked 6 sausage and a half pound shrimp. I combined it all at the end and separated into 4 meals. One was lunch. It was very good.

I am tired or I would post more. I don't even have the energy to catch up on others posts or journals. Sorry all, just wiped.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by equineaddict View Post
    I still don't have my Kindle up. I got the Paperlight, I don't think mine has speakers. So do you play Primal music on it? Aka Ke$ha?
    LOL. Because of that comment, I was listing in my head all the ways that Ke$ha is primal the last time I played her music while walking - she doesn't wash her hair, she pees wherever the urge strikes, et cetera. (Ugh.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    LOL. Because of that comment, I was listing in my head all the ways that Ke$ha is primal the last time I played her music while walking - she doesn't wash her hair, she pees wherever the urge strikes, et cetera. (Ugh.)
    She is Primal, for sure! Some of her songs I absolutely LOVE (Take It Off, for example), and others are just, well, icky. And I never watch the videos because that can ruin the song for me. I discovered that with LMFAO Sexy and I Know It. That was NOT what I was imagining when they sang "jiggle, jiggle, jiggle"- I was so pleasantly oblivious.

I wonder the same with bar chicken wings. I assume they bread them, but maybe not. I hope they don't cause I LOVE them!
    I def recommend avoiding diet soda. You may already know that, but if not, it is touted as being worse for your health than regular soda. I don't know if this would be an acceptable compromise for you, but I do love some sparkling water with fresh lemon squeezed in it.
    Grok on
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle View Post
    I wonder the same with bar chicken wings. I assume they bread them, but maybe not. I hope they don't cause I LOVE them!
    I def recommend avoiding diet soda. You may already know that, but if not, it is touted as being worse for your health than regular soda. I don't know if this would be an acceptable compromise for you, but I do love some sparkling water with fresh lemon squeezed in it.
    Grok on
    Amanda
    Hey Amanda, I have some exciting news! I checked Wikipedia and buffalo wings are generally NOT breaded! Probably worth checking when we do order them tho. We can claim a gluten allergy or something so they will tell us the truth. As for diet soda, yeah it can be bad but I think, for myself, once in a while is ok. Better than beer. I wish I liked the seltzer water, but maybe it will grow on me.

Having a glass of red wine, not bad. A Chilean Pinot Noir. Thank goodness red wine is ok!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Woot Woot on the buffalo wings!! That's a wonderful treat to indulge in from time to time
    I hear ya on the diet soda. AND on the red wine! Thank goodness indeed

Amanda

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast