Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Equineaddict- a journey to replace fat with muscle page 3

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats

I LOVE horses, but haven't had the opportunity to ride much since I was a kid. Now I live in NY city and the best I can do is trailrides at local or not so local stables. I hate trail rides; I like having a meaningful relationship with the horse that I ride. The best part is communicating between man and beast with only body language! They are magnificent beasts! Oh, how I miss them...

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Yes, I remember the word, and yes, it's still there!!!

I adore my new Kindle. Yesterday Lady Friend performed a Magical Tech Spell that made music appear on it, and that made Primal Treadmill time so much nicer.

Glad to hear your pinched nerve is better---
    Oh no! I hope I don't go looking for the word. I don't think it is one I would pick up on anyway.

I still don't have my Kindle up. I got the Paperlight, I don't think mine has speakers. So do you play Primal music on it? Aka Ke$ha?

And thanks about the nerve- it's still better and I am so relieved. I can handle a lot of pain, and that was turning me into a baby. Not nice or flattering. It is wonderful to sleep again, too.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    I used to tell people horses kept me stable. There's a reason for that

If I wasn't 1600 miles away, I'd totally take you up on horse time. For the first time in a long time I don't have a friend I can mooch horse time off of (left her behind when I moved) and I can't even afford riding lessons right now, let alone one of my own. I keep meaning to check out a local horse rescue, but I haven't gotten around to it. I was never THAT confident in the saddle, and the last two times I came off I got hurt, so it's worse now. But- I'm still willing and able to handle most anything from the ground, so that at least should make me useful

Congrats on the weight/inches lost already! Keep with it and your 5-year-old will have a hard time keeping up with you in the ring!
    It is too bad you are so far away. My 16 year old is safe, safe, safe and he would take of you, as he did me, to help you enjoy riding again. I have found a LOT of women, getting older (not that I know your age), develop a fear of getting hurt. Probably because we get smarter and realize how easily we can get hurt by those huge guys, and partly awakening awareness of our mortality.

Thanks for the encouragement! I am fighting cravings today, so I needed that.

Quote Originally Posted by tindystwocents View Post
    I can't believe you "shrunk" so quickly either but that's amazing! Best of luck as you continue onward. I'm working on weight loss and becoming physically smaller too.
    It must have been water loss and inflammation shrinking. I had been on a huge candy binge right before going Primal. I know it's real because my jeans are telling me it is. It doesn't seem right, but I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle View Post
    Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats

I LOVE horses, but haven't had the opportunity to ride much since I was a kid. Now I live in NY city and the best I can do is trailrides at local or not so local stables. I hate trail rides; I like having a meaningful relationship with the horse that I ride. The best part is communicating between man and beast with only body language! They are magnificent beasts! Oh, how I miss them...
    One of the hardships of NYC, not super horse friendly. I actually love going on trail rides. It give me and my horse a break, he experiences something new, it tests our trust in each other. But I think I know what you mean, when it is a horse you don't know and it's follow the leader time. Out here we pick where we go, you would like it that way too I think. There is a spot in the woods that is my favorite. The trees are huge. There is no undergrowth, and there is a carpet of pine needles. It is quiet. I call it the Cathedral. Won't be there again for a few months... Brrrr!

Now I am going to catch up on my Primal adventure.

So, Saturday ended up being an extremely low carb day for me. I ended up waking up around midnight, hungry for carbs. I ate an high protein (16g, but 35g carb) chocolate energy bar. And then a piece of toast.
    Sunday- that was just yesterday, but already hard to remember. I had carb cravings but fought them off successfully, even after my hubby bought my favorite cheese-its (pepper jack) (Ho-NEY-- what were you THINKING????)

Breakfast: tuna salad on tomato. BTW, so hard to find mayo without soy oil. Mine is part soy, part olive oil. And I don't like the taste of homemade, but yes I do know how to make it. Give me a week or 2 to try it again.
    Lunch: a HUGE steak YUM and a salad.
    Dinner: Why can't I remember? I can picture myself reaching into the fridge, but what did I grab? OH yeah. The leftover mussels. And then I wasn't full, so I also had some ham.
    dispersed throughout: doctored up sour cream (sf hot choc mix, stevia, instant coffee) and a piece of cheese

By the afternoon, (for those who care), my ketostix were pink. Typically they are neg when I wake up, and then pink later on. I am obsessive. I don't know how gross it is for me to post that stuff here though. I will occasionally for those fellow obsessives.

Today, I am here:
    lamb shoulder for breakfast, and some cream cheese/lemon/stevia yummy treat.

As for exercise- only so far as my chores go. I did ride my horse on Sunday. Sun- yeah, right. I'm in central NY. I'm taking vit D3 supplements. Sleep- has been great since my shoulder is better!

Hell is:
    Making your children crispy, buttery, melty in the middle grilled cheese sandwiches while hungry and craving carbs.
    Eating leftover steak (but without the mushrooms and onions because you scarfed those all down yesterday) while watching them eat and the fat parts of the steak are making you feel queasy.

This is week #2. I seriously had an easier time last week. I need more distractions. Maybe it is the extra stress that has been hanging over me since Friday (car repairs- All I need to say).

I think I now know why I have been having a rough time with carb cravings; my monthly menses have commenced. I had a pear last night and it was gorgeous. That is a plus from carb cravings; fruit tastes fabulous!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Hey, shortly after mine start, I crave meat like mad. Bet that'll help you stay on track!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Hey, shortly after mine start, I crave meat like mad. Bet that'll help you stay on track!
    I hope that happens for me! That would be wonderful. I have noticed the carb cravings are subsiding, so that is greeeaaaat!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast