Thread: Adrenal fatigue page

KG
    KG is offline Senior Member

Adrenal fatigue

Primal Fuel
    Quite a large bunch of us here at MDA and other Paleo websites have numerous questions about AF quite regularly. Nearly everyone seems to inevitably suffer from this condition at some point in their lives to varying degrees of severity, and I'd love to see Mark tackle this somewhat controversial topic (mainly due to skepticism of its legitimacy). It'd be particularly great to see if he can analyse specific tips that most people agree are beneficial when attempting to heal, i.e. increasing carb intake; increasing salt intake; reducing the intensity of workouts; always sleeping early, preferably before 10 p.m; eating meals regularly around the clock without even thinking about intermittent fasting, etc. etc.

If he could provide a 'modified' Primal plan for AF sufferers, that would be the icing on the cake. I'd love to see his view on the subject in general, really.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    Quite a large bunch of us here at MDA and other Paleo websites have numerous questions about AF quite regularly. Nearly everyone seems to inevitably suffer from this condition at some point in their lives to varying degrees of severity, and I'd love to see Mark tackle this somewhat controversial topic (mainly due to skepticism of its legitimacy). It'd be particularly great to see if he can analyse specific tips that most people agree are beneficial when attempting to heal, i.e. increasing carb intake; increasing salt intake; reducing the intensity of workouts; always sleeping early, preferably before 10 p.m; eating meals regularly around the clock without even thinking about intermittent fasting, etc. etc.

If he could provide a 'modified' Primal plan for AF sufferers, that would be the icing on the cake. I'd love to see his view on the subject in general, really.
    Probably because it's based on a collection of symptoms that could be caused by any number of things. There is no scientific evidence to support the theory that long-term mental, emotional, or physical stress drains the adrenal glands and causes many common symptoms.

That said, Samurai Champloo is awesome
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

KG
    KG is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Probably because it's based on a collection of symptoms that could be caused by any number of things. There is no scientific evidence to support the theory that long-term mental, emotional, or physical stress drains the adrenal glands and causes many common symptoms.

That said, Samurai Champloo is awesome
    You're exactly right, there's not much in the way of actual, objective evidence that this condition even exists, but there's a decent amount of anecdotes that suggest that it may be plausible. The main reasoning behind adrenal fatigue is that it's a lifestyle-induced condition that, therefore, should be treated with lifestyle changes. The only testing I've heard about for it are cortisol kits that measure your cortisol levels over a 24 hour period. This is why I'd like some Paleo figurehead to tackle the subject head-on, because overall it can be rather vague...

Champloo's just too brilliant, I can't get enough of it no matter how many times I sit through it!