Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gorgeous Primal Girls... page 3

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    why, oh why did I click on the "related videos" - I'm now really irked 'cause durianriders just seems to bring it out in me. *sigh*
    ha, that was foolish, I watched one once, I was more exasperated than cross, I have resolved though that if I ever meet him I will eat him whole. It would be worth the prison time just for the comedy of the headlines on the news.

back on topic, some great insperation in that vid, I would defo look at primal if I wanted to be an attractive healthy woman, and I now how I can break the ice with Megan Fox, bonus
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    My concerns about the video revolve around not asking permission from the women to use their photographs and using "during" photos rather than "after" photos exclusively. As impressive as twenty, thirty or forty pounds lost can be, if the person is still overweight, it's likely the vegans will tear them apart. Imagine randomly finding one of your progress photos on Youtube and seeing comments from vegans calling you a fat, ugly failure.
    If a durianrider wanted to he could pull whatever photos and do is own video. I don't know why anyone cares what he thinks anyway. Why is he so threatened by paleo/primal when it doesn't pertain to him? It's not like his message is about helping others. To me he looks gaunt and unhealthy so IMO he's his own worse advocate for his lifestyle.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Awesome video! I'm a firm believer in everyone doing what works for them, but I think my own n=1 experience with being vegan vs. being paleo is pretty compelling:

Veganvspaleo_zpsb89ef172.jpg

In all those photos, I'm the same weight. No kidding. I think it's amazing how pale, puffy, tired, and bloated I looked compared to the paleo pics, where my skin has a glow and I just look way more healthy and vital--and the scale number was the same in all of them. I know anecdotal evidence like this is totally unscientific, but looking back through my Facebook is really all the proof I need that paleo beats vegan any day.

Paleobird Guest
    Now I think the next project should be a hot Primal guys video. Amiright, ladies?

Huntress is offline Junior Member
    Totally Paleobird!

Although, on Owly's point about copyright - I think you'll find if you punish something (and that includes on the internet) it can be used by someone else without permission as long as they are not profiting or claiming the work as their own.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Now I think the next project should be a hot Primal guys video. Amiright, ladies?
    Purely for scientific observation, naturally

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    Totally Paleobird!

Although, on Owly's point about copyright - I think you'll find if you punish something (and that includes on the internet) it can be used by someone else without permission as long as they are not profiting or claiming the work as their own.
    That's iffy depending on whether there's "a substantial adverse effect, financial or otherwise" and whether the original source is properly credited. This is of course from my knowledge of Canadian copyright law, not that of other countries. However, as I tell students, it's best to err on the side of caution when using works other than one's own. I doubt someone would sue in this instance, but it's something to be conscious of when you use photos found online. There are also questions around privacy and publicity rights that could come into play.

Anyhow, regardless of the legality, it's good manners to ask someone before you use their photo. As I said, I'm not asking for mine to be removed from the video, but I am suggesting that people who wish to make similar videos might want to ask people before using their images in the interest of respecting their fellow members of the primal/paleo community.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I got up the courage to look and wow, that's a really nice video! Great job!

I agree some paleo hunks are in order for the next video.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Huntress is offline Junior Member
    I absolutely agree with you Owly - I think it is just important for people to be aware that anything they put out on the Internet is vulnerable for re-use and there are no guarntees a court would support you as a victim (noting we are from all over the world especially and under different laws).

I go with the policy, if you wouldn't want it on the front page of a newspaper or on the 6pm news don't put it on the net.

On an aside - you all look wonderful girls :-)

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I completely agree with that approach, which is why my pics here are headless.

I would think that US law would apply to this forum (California law, likely, since I think that's where the servers are). The legal jurisdiction for internet stuff is usually taken to be wherever the server is unless the terms of use agreement states a jurisdiction. But that's all nerdy asides for those of us who think copyright law is interesting.

And yes, everyone does look fantastic.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast