Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gorgeous Primal Girls... page 2

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I thought that was well done and inspiraional
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    My concerns about the video revolve around not asking permission from the women to use their photographs and using "during" photos rather than "after" photos exclusively. As impressive as twenty, thirty or forty pounds lost can be, if the person is still overweight, it's likely the vegans will tear them apart. Imagine randomly finding one of your progress photos on Youtube and seeing comments from vegans calling you a fat, ugly failure.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    My concerns about the video revolve around not asking permission from the women to use their photographs and using "during" photos rather than "after" photos exclusively. As impressive as twenty, thirty or forty pounds lost can be, if the person is still overweight, it's likely the vegans will tear them apart. Imagine randomly finding one of your progress photos on Youtube and seeing comments from vegans calling you a fat, ugly failure.
    That's a good point, but even so, someone could do that here just as easily.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh god, now I'm afraid I might be in there as one of those still overweight and ready to be torn apart by vegans pictures. I hope whoever made the video had the good sense to leave out this fat old lady. I'm not even going to look.

What the vegans really ought to see are videos of farm machinery running over squirrels, crop dusters spraying migrating butterflies, animal research in the name of producing GMO soy and other crops, images of pristine habitat all over the world being mowed down for soy, corn and wheat etc. That would surely help change some minds.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    No one here would do that, though, nameless. I like to think we're at least that supportive and understanding. And sb, your picture is in there.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 01-03-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    I thought that was well done and inspirational
    +1
    SB you are included in the above statement, you look great!

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    I'll be honest, if I were to see this video as a newbie, it wouldn't be persuasive.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I am so easily offended that I viewed the video thinking ohlord, here we go with the bikini babes. But no, it's not that. There are of course some very thin women and then women from just about every other weight class (I didn't know what other word to use there).

If I were here to just become skinny, then it wouldn't inspire me because most of the women in this video have tits and asses and muscles. But really, skinny is easy. Just stop eating; it's not magic. Anyway, it's a nice video. It does once again show me though that one has to be really careful what pics they post in a safe but public place, because they can end up anywhere.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    why, oh why did I click on the "related videos" - I'm now really irked 'cause durianriders just seems to bring it out in me. *sigh*

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I don't want to be edited out, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time. I'm glad my face isn't in my photos--I'd have more of an issue with it if it was (but that's why I don't post pics with my face here). Anyhow, you can leave me in, but I think it's better to inform people so they're not surprised when they see their photo in the video.

Also, one owns the rights to one's photographs even if they are posted in a public forum, so it is also a matter of copyright law. Hopefully nobody decides to make a big issue of it, but that's something to be aware of when you use any content without the creator's consent.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast