Thread: Have you lost more than 50 pounds? page

RandyStimpson is offline Member

Have you lost more than 50 pounds?

Primal Fuel
    I live in the Seattle area. I'm here because I would like to lose 70 to 100 pounds and I want to live longer. I lost 18 pounds in 2012 and am hoping for way more in 2013.

I look forward to hearing from all of you, especially those who have been successful at losing a lot of weight.

parakeet is offline Member
    It took me 1 yr. to lose 100 lbs. (262 down to 160ish). I've kept it off, pretty much, effortlessly for six months and will celebrate the one year anniversary with a raft trip down the Grand Canyon and hike out. I feel like I am finally living my life to its fullest. The only regret I have is that it took me so long to start living again.

I have complete faith in saying that if I can do it, then without a doubt, you can too, RandyStimpson.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parakeet View Post
    It took me 1 yr. to lose 100 lbs. (262 down to 160ish). I've kept it off, pretty much, effortlessly for six months and will celebrate the one year anniversary with a raft trip down the Grand Canyon and hike out. I feel like I am finally living my life to its fullest. The only regret I have is that it took me so long to start living again.

I have complete faith in saying that if I can do it, then without a doubt, you can too, RandyStimpson.
    Cool post, and so very true:-)
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    I didn't start with a lot of weight to lose. But in the first couple of months I went from 195 to 176. In the year and a half since then, I have gone to 173, which is close to my ideal weight (just above where I was when I finished Marine officer training 36 years ago). The take home lesson: stick with the PB and your weight will naturally tend toward where it should be. Best of luck to you.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I'm at a 47 lb loss now. The last 11 have been from Primal Blueprint. Prior to that, I was doing the Anti-inflammatory diet which is actually very similar to primal and strictly limits similar foods (grains, processed foods, sugars). This type of eating really works for me for weight loss and health.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Bruinwar is offline Junior Member
    About 5 years ago I was at 235 lbs (at 48 years old). By walking at lunch & 3 days a week at the gym lost 35 but gained 12 back by missing the gym for a year or so. A bit over a year ago I got back at the gym, stopped all processed foods & white carbs, lost that 12 again but could not seem to lose any more & was stuck at 200 lbs.

6 months ago I started Paleo & read the Primal Blueprint. The gym almost every day. Since then I dropped to 175 lbs. So all together I lost 60?! lbs. At 53 I've not felt this good since I was 30!

-joe

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    several times lol
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    "Have you lost more than 50 pounds?"
    I have only lost 48 pound so I suppose that I am not so successful as many others people here, but down from 246 to 198lbs in 11 months, and a rebound to 205 lbs. after celebration of Christmas and New-Year…

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyStimpson View Post
    I look forward to hearing from all of you, especially those who have been successful at losing a lot of weight.
    I lost 57lbs from the beginning of March to the end of December. Slow and steady is my motto as I see this as a lifestyle change not a diet to stop after the goal weight/look is reached.

I have to admit that I had a ten day splurge over Christmas and new year. Yes, I ate christmas pudding & cake. Yes I ate sherry trifle and drank way too much wine. However, I had promised myself a naughty blowout and I have now got it out of my system so will be back to what I consider my proper food and alcohol intake for a while. My goal now is a good 1.5lbs weight loss per week until the end of March when I should be closing in on my ideal weight/look. I may not lose that much as I am hoping to put muscle on but I do think it is just about doable without going daft.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.