Thread: Hola! Newbie in Spain... page

TaraMae is offline Member

Talking Hola! Newbie in Spain...

Shop Now
    I'm excited to start my primal lifestyle.. cold turkey.. tomorrow morning.
    I'm not obese or anything, but yesterday I clocked in at 130lbs.. and I'm only 5'2"!
    I feel disgusting in a bikini, and I want to be able to play 'pilla pilla' (tag in English) with my little brother for longer than 10 minutes!
    I like hiking and jogging too, very much, but I feel like my knees hurt from it and I need to make stretching a habit.. I'm only 22 for Pete's sake!
    Right now though, I'm going to bed because it's 2am and Grok is supposed to sleep when the sun goes down, right? I just had to get this down officially (in writing)!
    Tomorrow is the day I change my life! Grok On!

P.S. Are sunflower seeds and green olives primal? We snack on them a lot here, and they would be tough for me to give up... but if I have to, I certainly will!

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Hi.
    Yes olives and sunflower seeds are primal
    Check Mark's daily log. He covered what is primal once a week, searching there will find a lot of information.

Thanks, what a relief!! hehe
    Yeah, I'm *definitely* going to check out Mark's log..
    I'm thinking to pick up some literature, maybe there'll be some Paleo sources translated into Spanish- even better!! My idea is reading about primal living will keep me informed, and also on track during my break-up with carbs and my SAD diet..

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Si no te agobia mi falta de tildes, podemos charlar en espanol.

Y si, se pueden comer pipas y aceitunas, pero si comes muchas, evita las pipas saladas (or peor, las "ketchup", bleh...) y las aceitunas en aceites vegetales o de girasol. Aunque jamon serrano, albondigas y "pork scratchings" (se me ha olvidado como se decia en espanol, pero dios, que rico!) son excellentes comidas Paleo para picar o merendar tambien.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

genial! gracias por el consejo, antes evitaba los 'pork scratchings' porque pensé que eran malos!!
    ..y a mí también las pipas ketchup me da ASCO!
    La única cosa que me agobia un poquitín es que mañana es el Día de los Reyes, y siempre tenemos rascón de reyes para desayunar. Voy a comer un trocito. Es algo cultural y tradicional y Mark nos ha dicho que esta bien la "80%-20%"...
    Last edited by TaraMae; 01-06-2013 at 01:20 AM. Reason: *too long!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TaraMae View Post
    genial! gracias por el consejo, antes evitaba los 'pork scratchings' porque pensé que eran malos!!
    ..y a mí también las pipas ketchup me da ASCO!
    La única cosa que me agobia un poquitín es que mañana es el Día de los Reyes, y siempre tenemos rascón de reyes para desayunar. Voy a comer un trocito. Es algo cultural y tradicional y Mark nos ha dicho que esta bien la "80%-20%"...
    A menos que los hayan fritos en aceite vegetal, son mejores que la mayoria de los tentempies embalados. Y se pueden hacer SUUUUUPER faciles en casa: compra un poco de grasa de cerdo (major con piel), cortalo en trozos de 3x3cm y metelos al horno hasta quedar crujientes. Acabas con "pork scratchings" y un poco de grasa de cerdo liquido para cocinar.
    No se porque el sabor "ketchup" fue tan exitoso. Me parece que apenas conoci gente que lo disfrutaban, pero todo el mundo los comia. Es como el sabor "curry" aqui en Gales: hay un "sabor curry" para cada producto embalado, y todos son una asqueria. Parece que a nadie le gustan. Pero ALGUIEN debe estarlos comprando, no..?

No te preocupes y disfruta tu roscon! La tradicion es la tradicion y un "80/20" sirve genial a la mayor parte de los "Primals" (no suena tan bien decir "Primitivo" ). Ademas, tu tambien mereces oportunidad de encontrar "el nino" (o la haba ). Espero que hayas pasado un bien dia de reyes!
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    Nice to meet you! I just started 3 days ago and I'm on Day #4. It's a great and supportive group so far There is a Newbie support thread created by Caffeinated that I think it's helpful to join. Good luck!
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I am new on day number 10---I already have relief from pains in my right knee that I've had for awhile! To join the group that Roxy is speaking of, go to the community tab of the forum and then groups. The group for us newbies is Primal 2013. There are other groups too that you might be interested in---one for 20 somethings. Also, you could start one for native Spanish speakers Good luck on your journey!!

graciasss chic@s..

Thanks, everyone.. I joined the support groups for newbies and I'm off to a great start today (after my "last hurrah" carb-fiesta during Reyes and for my little brother Javichu's birthday). It really reinforced why I'm taking this change... after eating rascón, bonbons, cake, and ice cream I felt TERRIBLE!! In fact, today I haven't felt hungry at all and I've only had coffee and a piece of cheese and a piece of chorizo in the teacher's break room. I walked from the bus stop to the library and that felt GREAT despite how cold it is... I loveee the time I have with my music just walking- so nice and relaxing. I asked my dad and he said this weekend we can make those pork scratchings! The ones you make en el horno.. I'm excited! I haven't really come out and told my parents about my new regimen yet. (My mom is a doctor and she's pretty stuck on me eating bread or cereal or rice.. ) Tonight I'm determined to go to sleep right when I get home after class around 10pm. I want to adopt the whole lifestyle not just the diet part!
    Grok on!