Thread: BF% machines now at QFC pharmacies.

BF% machines now at QFC pharmacies.

Shop Now
    Pros:

It's totally free and anonymous - but you can create a user profile if you want.

It prints a ticket with all your numbers on it = Hydration, Body Fat %, Weight, BMI, blood pressure.

Only takes like three minutes to do.

Cons:

Uses electric current to check your BF%, so no babies or pacemakers - and I wonder about long-term side effects.

In a public place with weird people.

They're apparently consistent, I got the same result three times in a row (standing up, resetting the program completely!). I've been going every work day on the way home and watching my numbers fluctuate. Right now my body fat % stays right about 18%, which seems high because I can see my abs - but google images does show the variability there. This makes it a fun challenge, to see if I can get my body fat down to 16%, for kicks and giggles. I'm at a very healthy weight and all my lab numbers, etc., show good health. But I like a challenge here and there.

Anybody else see or use these new machines? Surprised by the numbers?
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

I have one of the at home scales. My scale has an option for normal or athlete. Normal I am in the mid to high teens, athlete mode I am always under 10%. The average of the two is usually around 13% which is the score I get using calipers and the photos around the net.

Like BMI, there is a lot of "averages" in these machines.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Yeah, but it's still fun. Even if not a true number, it shows changes - however distorted. I DO like that it gives a hydration number.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

Shop Now
    I have one at home. If I change my age input it give a different % output. They can give you an indication if you bf is changing but I don't trust the actual number read out
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?