Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journel--Bamabelle page

bamabelle is offline Senior Member

Primal Journel--Bamabelle

Primal Fuel
    I am new to primal eating. I struggled greatly through the first 3-4 days because I was very nauseated. I'm over the hump now---day number 6---and feeling better. Still fumbling to figure out what I can and can't have--got a taco kit to have taco meat with veggies and read the ingredients--wow! The taco mix is full of carbs and preservatives. I thought that it was just spices. Learning. My energy is so low that I'm looking for easier options right now. When my energy gets up I'm happy to cook more; I LOVE to cook!!!

Breakfast: I had two scrambled eggs with 2 pieces of bacon and one organic pink grapefruit.
    Snack: bowl of blueberries and raspberries with cup of herbal tea
    Lunch: salad with boiled egg and home made roasted garlic herb vinegrette
    Dinner: piece coconut sea bass and (my weakness at work) mashed potatoes with brown gravy (I know; not primal)
    Drinking water ALL day, because I enjoy it.
    Have a pear for a snack later.

Feel pretty good.

Grok on!
    Amanda

Additionally, I am going to give myself 3-4 weeks and then will start an exercise routine. Want to get my energy levels up first and want to get accustomed to this new way of eating. Trying to be gentle on myself and keep it sustainable

Grok on!
    Amanda

quacklady71 is offline Junior Member
    Looks good so far !!! On my first day myself !!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Amanda! Don't kick yourself when you have something not strictly primal. Lots of us eat potatoes. Butter would be far better than gravy. Otherwise, your food choices look good.

Exercise is important, but you are wise to hold off on an exercise routing.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Thanks Hedonist. It was a good day overall. Primal eating was pretty good. I woke up at two in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so my first meal was crazy early (4am).

1st breakfast: taco seasoned milk topped with home made salsa, guacamole and cheddar cheese.
    2nd breakfast: small cheese and bacon omlet and small pear
    snack: strawberry black tea with raw honey and small bit of whole milk
    lunch: large salad with primal toppings and home made dressing
    dinner: roasted chicken breast with skin and garlic mashed potatoes topped with cheeses (cheddar and pecorino romano)

I won't make taco flavored beef again---the seasoning pack is def not primal. The potatoes were made with chicken broth, smaal bit butter, garlic, salt and pepper. The rest I'm pretty happy with. Will try to get to the point of less potatoes, but baby steps.

Grok on!
    Amanda

Caffeinated is offline Member
    Amanda it sounds like you are getting on the right track. The low energy thing sucks. Try some green tea as a pick me up to get you through the low carb flu! Green tea is amazing for you and also supposedly helps you lose weight though I'm not sure if that is one of your goals or not. If you want to join a group of new primal folks then come join the group 2013 Primalists. We are all going to work together and be able to discuss what difficulties we are having each week and hopefully what awesome results we have later.
    heres a link for the group.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group157.html

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm. Don't understand the 1st breakfast
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

lol! The first breakfast was a typo. Meant to say taco seasoned meat I will def. join 2013 Primalists. I didn't know where to look for a support group like that, so thanks for sharing!!!

Day 8 (yesterday):

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon and 2/3 pink grapefruit (LOVE pink grapefruit)
    Snack/lunch: handful mixed raw nuts (no peanuts), handful of smoked gouda () and a large organic pear
    Dinner: tuna (with mayo and pecans) over spinach and arugula
    Snack: 1 1/2 bowls of mashed potatoes topped with cheese and 2 glasses prosecco (I know red wine is better--baby steps)

Grok on!
    Amanda

P. S. Yes weight loss is def a goal that I have. I am 50 pounds overweight, BMI wise. 60 pounds from where I am happy with my appearance (I have a smaller frame and at 50 pounds less I am on the high end of a normal BMI). I follow the attuned eating philosophy as i tend to be a habitual emotional eater; though the more that I read up on paleo the more that I feel that this is the best solution to my emotional eating (ee)---there is no doubt that I am addicted to carbs! AND I take paxil for anxiety, which just helps; it certainly doesn't cure my anxiety!
    This all being said, the beautiful thing about attuned eating is that I am encouraged to focus on taking care of myself rather than focusing on what is wrong with me (bein overweight). I am a perfectionist who is very hard on myself, so being overweight feels like a character issue to me, even though acedemically I know that is not the case. So, while weight loss is a goal that I have, I strive to love and accept myself as is and my focus with paleo is self care and feeling good physically. That is why I haven't mentioned weight much.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 9:

Slept through breakfast. ROUGH day at work yesterday left me physically and emotionally exhausted.
    Lunch: last of the taco seasoned beef and 3 glasses of prosecco (yikes)
    Snack: few raw nuts and bit of smoked gouda (new favorite snack!)
    Dinner (out with friend): Yikes, not paleo--1 small chicken empanada, moderate steamed yucca in garlic mojo sauce, marinated pork and a very small amount of rice and black beans with one mojito

Grok on!
    Amanda

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast