Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journel--Bamabelle page 4

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No activity. TOO busy at work to get away from work tasks.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome! I guess I may not be senior enough to say it, but I did. I was wondering, are you getting enough fat in your diet? I find it helps me not have cravings for sugar when I get enough fat in my daily meals. I don't see much in your descriptions...I'm no expert, but this was something I noticed. Cheers!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hi hi bamabelle,

So I'm looking at what you're eating (sopressata and the cheeses) and I'm thinking, "she's either Italian or a NYer," but your name is bamabelle, so I'm thinking a transplant? And one who loves NY food.

Here's one way of getting through the McD urges (I haven't eaten there since the 1980s). Google how they raise their beef. The clear cutting of the rain forests. The hormones. The prodding of sick cows (illegal, but it goes on). Look at the nasty re-used oil they use for their french fries. The facts will make you ill. If you have to, write it on a card and pull it out when you have the urge to eat fast food - because they're all basically the same.

Substitute: Grass fed burger. If you have to have the bread, use sourdough with no additives (or an English muffin with no additives). Oh crap, I've been away so long that I almost forgot you have awesome bagels. Yep, if I were still in my child bearing years, I'm sure I'd PMS with a bagel occasionally. Buy duck fat and make duck fat french fries - you'll never go back to turd fries again. But only when you're PMSing or menstruating - everyone deserves a break now and then.

Good to meet you!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Hey Amanda,

I've been meaning to come check out your thread for a while now - just finished up reading it. It looks like you are on the right track and are making pretty good food choices. Don't sweat the breaks in primal eating every now and then. Remember the 80/20 rule - shoot for primal 100% but as long as you are 80% primal you will still see the positive effects of the lifestyle change. As others have said don't beat yourself up over the slips that's the best way to end up in a full on spiral back into Carb and sugar hell! Keep going one foot in front of the other grok style!
    Oh and welcome to the lifestyle sister!

Cheers
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Thanks for the primal visits! I was beginning to feel very lonely here on my journel!!

Joanie, I am from Alabama now living in NYC. I love NYC food Learned of sopressato from an Italian friend. THe cheese I got from trying them in gormet grocery stores here in the big city. Thanks for the craving and cooking advise. I'll try your suggestions!

PBNewby, I've wondered about my fat intake as well. I may try to incorporate more of it in my diet. just going with what I want to eat now and learning how to add fat and cook differently.

Primal, thanks for the reminder about 80/20 and the encouragement. It is much needed and appreciated

I have a little more energy, but not much energy still in starting PB. I don't know if I've lost weight yet (I don't weigh), but I must have as I am eating much less and much better.
    My biggest struggles right now are this:
    so little energy that it is difficult to exercise
    planning and preping appropriate meals for my long work days in such a way that I am satisfied and able to eat when hungry

DAY 19
    Lunch: two eggs scrambled in kerrygold butter and mixed with pecorino romano cheese and 2 slices nitrite free uncured bacon plus a side of roasted cauliflower (roasted with EVOO, salt and pepper)

Dinner: sun dried tomato chicken sausage (from Trader Joe's---will read ingrediant list next time) and 2 cups of broccoli and 2 cloves fresh garlic chips tossed in EVOO, salt and pepper and roasted--then tossed in fresh squeezed lemon juice and freshly grated parmesan reg cheese and 3 glasses red wine

DAY 20:
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with 2 tbsp. pecorino romano cheese and 2 slices bacon (organic, nitrate free)
    Lunch: 1.5 oz. raw cashews
    Dinner: 4 oz. filet mignon browned in butter and topped with butter and 1 1/2 cups roasted cauliflower (roasted after tossing with EVOO, salt and pepper)
    Lots of walking and several stairs running errands today

and kombucha with dinner

Day 21:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in butter with a bit of pecorino romano in the mix and 2 slices bacon
    Lunch/snack: sopressato and smoked gouda
    Dinner: almond crusted tilapia pan fried in coconut oil (my first time using c. oil; it was OK), carrot ginger soup, a large piece of a pear and sparkling water infused with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
    Ate a bit past full---shall pay better attention to that.

I tried a paleo experiment last night. I worked a super stimulating 12 1/2 hour work day and got home exhausted. Usually I turn on the TV and sign onto the internet. I decided to follow Mark's advise to stay away from digital stimulation. I got on just long enough to log meals for the day. By the time I washed my lunch dishes and my face I was too tired even to read. I took a melatonin, because I have a hard time falling asleep on work days without it. Then I listened to a deep sleep meditation and went to bed early. I felt a bit sad that I was without friends or family to spend time with, as recommended. I mean I have friends, but no roommate I do have two silly cats that I enjoy as they entertain me every day, so they are my companionship at home.

DAY 22 (working):
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in butter with pec. romano cheese and 2 slices bacon
    Lunch: buffalo chicken salad (buf. chicken, motz cheese, sun dried tomatoes, walnuts, bacon and ranch dressing over greens)
    and kombucha

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast