Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journel--Bamabelle page 2

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Day 10:

OK slept in again! Well, I am on a stay-cation this week, so no worries right?
    Breakfast: cheese omlet
    Lunch: chicken piccata and broccolini roasted with garlic chips and tossed with lemon juice and parmesan cheese (DIVINE!!!)
    Will eat something later as well.

OK so I had a severe belly cramping session at 3:30pm. I was wondering if it is possible that it is from the wheat and rice that I ate last night at 7? Would it take that long for me to feel the effects? AND would I react to wheat that badly after doing paleo for less than two weeks? Hmmmm...just curious.

Observation: I am feeling a bit more energetic, but have been resistant to getting out and walking. It is freezing outside and I am content to be in my warm fuzzy PJ's (except for dinner out last night) inside where it is warm. Gotta push myself in this area! Good to note that my familiar left knee pain seems to be absent since paleo I have some soreness in my right foot from an extra bone that I have in there---hopefully that will feel better too soon!!

Grok on!
    Amanda

Dinner: leftover marinated pork and steamed yuka with garlic mojo sauce---MINUS the rice and beans!

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle View Post
    P. S. Yes weight loss is def a goal that I have. I am 50 pounds overweight, BMI wise. 60 pounds from where I am happy with my appearance (I have a smaller frame and at 50 pounds less I am on the high end of a normal BMI). I follow the attuned eating philosophy as i tend to be a habitual emotional eater; though the more that I read up on paleo the more that I feel that this is the best solution to my emotional eating (ee)---there is no doubt that I am addicted to carbs! AND I take paxil for anxiety, which just helps; it certainly doesn't cure my anxiety!
    This all being said, the beautiful thing about attuned eating is that I am encouraged to focus on taking care of myself rather than focusing on what is wrong with me (bein overweight). I am a perfectionist who is very hard on myself, so being overweight feels like a character issue to me, even though acedemically I know that is not the case. So, while weight loss is a goal that I have, I strive to love and accept myself as is and my focus with paleo is self care and feeling good physically. That is why I haven't mentioned weight much.
    I have anxiety issues too! In fact felt panicky today from life pressure in general. I take Xanax as needed, not today yet but I think I should. I also feel the same way about weight, that it shows the world I am an undisciplined slob. I like your focus on being healthy and feeling good.

Quote Originally Posted by equineaddict View Post
    I have anxiety issues too! In fact felt panicky today from life pressure in general. I take Xanax as needed, not today yet but I think I should. I also feel the same way about weight, that it shows the world I am an undisciplined slob. I like your focus on being healthy and feeling good.
    I have focused so much on my food/soda compulsions for so long, that I've had trouble focusing on staying in the present and dealing with my anxiety. I've had some success through therapy (more with a social worker than a psychologist---been much more helpful). Now that my cravings are gone and out of the way, I intend to focus more on my anxiety. Though, I've read of so many people being cured of anxiety through this way of eating In the meantime, I am going to read Brene Brown's I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't)[/I] It is to do with anxiety brough on by shame, which I strongly believe that mine is---deep rooted in things of childhood. There is a read along on her blog. Now I say that I will do this; sometimes I have trouble following through with these things, but that is my plan of the moment If I start and it really speaks to me than I will continue. Primal eating is a segway to primal living, I believe and that is what I want! God help me!!

Day 11:
    Not hungry till lunch
    Lunch: one piece chicken piccata; out of veggies
    Snack: scrounged up carrots and make carrot soup--YUM; very filling as is starchy and lots of fiber; COMFORT food in the cold winter weather!

I've been forgetting to mention herbal tea with about 1 tbsp. raw honey for the last two days. Just want to be inclusive so that I can look back over my journel and have accuracy.

Day 11 Dinner: was at the bar watching football, and alas I strayed! I started off great with buffalo hot wings sans the ranch; but then dipped into one friends loaded nachos and another friends french fries; small amount of each; plus had 4 glasses of pinot noir; woke up with some...ahem gas...but otherwise, OK.

Day 12:
    No breakfast. Not hungry.
    Lunch: at cafe, roasted balsamic chicken, grilled garlic eggplant and yellow bell pepper (surprisingly good to not be home-made) and garlic mashed potatoes. Then a strawberry creme green tea. Found out upon tasting that it definitely had sugar in it--tasted like dessert in a cup. Was delicious but def. not paleo. I drank about 12 oz. of it. Work in progress
    Dinner: leftover piece of chicken piccata and summer squash sauteed in butter, shallot and garlic. MMMMMMMM!!! With a tall glass of red wine.
    I'll tell ya, now that I'm back to cooking for myself (haven't in awhile for lack of energy) I feel like I'm eating gormet! It just takes careful planning and shopping. But I really do love eating this way (most of the time). Cravings GONE!
    Walked a lot today because I was out and about the city running errands
    Amanda

Got hungry and had a snack of:
    organic pear, small handful of mixed raw nuts and a few pieces of smoked gouda

Thinking that I should eliminate dairy because I suffered my first ever chronic sinus infection this winter; and it is TRYING to come back AGAIN! I seem to be allergic to something at work, and it keeps flaring up my sinuses But alas, I really am not ready to give up dairy. Need to get down the basics of this primal stuff first!

Last night after dinner, I ended up finishing up with two more tall glasses of red wine--Yikes! That's 3/4 of the bottle gone in one night. Well, thank goodness I don't drink red wine every night! Don't want to become friends with Bill

DAY 13:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in butter and mixed with parm reg. Green smoothie (pineapple, blueberries, fresh lemon juice and spinach). FINALLY annointed my new Vitamix that I got for Christmas!! Love it!
    Snack: herbal tea with one tbsp. raw honey
    Lunch: roasted salmon (in EVOO, lemon juice, fresh ginger, capers, salt and pepper) and carrot ginger soup. Kombucha.

I'm not hungry yet, but look forward to dinner later when I get hungry cause I'm roasting a pork shoulder (over 6-7 hours) and it smells HEAVENLY!!!

PrimalCon New York
    Dinner: THe pork shoulder turned out delicious I had two pieces and some sauteed summer squash (in butter, shallot and garlic). Then two artisan chocolate bon bons---I am lucky enough to have a neighbor who was voted one of the top 10 pastry chefs in the U. S. He is a choclatier specifically Two mouth watering morsels of non-paleo (it wasn't dark chocolate). Drinking red wine now. Must not replace when this bottle is complete lest I become freinds with Bill

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast