Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The New Year's Resolution Grokers' Journal page 2

Caffeinated is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Judymac - Thanks you are just full of good info haha. So far no go on the sinuses but I'm still getting over being sick so hopefully it will keep getting better and just go away. How long did it take for it to disappear completely?

Aoife - Cool name. Very different from something we would have over in the states but I like it. I wish I could go 24 without eating! haha my body just doesn't want to fast I guess. Though yesterday I didn't really eat as much as I normally would so maybe I'm making that transition slowly. I just read about all the wildfires in Aussie land over there. Hope you are staying safe!

bamabelle - yuppp you found it. Hellllo.

As for my day... well i did wake up before my alarm but that was because of my roommates stupid dog barking at the air for 10 minutes at 430AM. Still no clue what she was barking at but I woke up before my alarm for once. Still not feeling that great today though I was able to go to work and haven't had to take any day quil today. Just some decongestants. I'm hoping this is just the allergy working it's way out.

For breakfast, I had 3 scrambled eggs with salsa and Chia seeds on top, and a cup of black coffee with a tiny bit of honey.
    For lunch, I had a big a$$ salad with lettuce, broccoli, mushrooms, and some leftover roast from dinner yesterday.

Tonight for dinner I am making pork chops. I'm going to try one of the marinades out of Mark's new sauces and dressings book. I'll probably have a small salad and some broccoli with the pork chops. That means the rest of the week I'll be having pork chops for dinner too. As a single guy, I generally cook a big meal once a week and then just have different sides as the week goes along.

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried a neti pot for the sinuses? I suffer many sinus infections and this little diddy has become my best friend! I get the modified neti pot (much easier to use) the Niel sinus rinse. LOVE it! Feel better!

yea i use the one that shoots the water and massages haha

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hello, just found your journal and like the idea. I'm in!

+1 on the neti pot - although I just snort up the water. Since I've been primal, I hardy have to wash my sinuses anymore. Another plus!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

how long have you been primal? I'm on week 2 now and my sinuses are still screwed.

Actually now that I think about it this is only day 6 of me being primal. Crap I'm not even a week in and I already want to destroy a pack of oreos.

For dinner last night I didn't end up making pork chops I just microwaved a spaghetti squash with butter and garlic but man it was delicious. I needed a sweet treat so I took a banana, a little almond milk, added some choco protein powder and some ice, threw it in the magic bullet and it was delicious.
    For breakfast I just had 3 scrambled eggs with salsa and chia seeds on top. I'm starting to find out that salsa makes a really good topper for eggs.

lunch I am going to get a salad and maybe some soup. Would cream of broccoli be primalish?
    Last edited by Caffeinated; 01-08-2013 at 07:15 AM.

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to have to tr spaghetti squash one of these days. I'm concerned about the texture though.
    Looks like ou did with the sweet treat and with brekkie and lunch. Not sure about the cream of broccoli. I always make my own so I don't know if other people puf flour in it to thicken it; I thicken mine by adding a few potatoes. I guess it depends on how strict you are being. Hopefully a senior member will respond and have good feedback.
    Sinus problems can be exacerbated by dairy, so if you want to experiment to see if you can get sinus relief through diet, that is what you want to eliminate. I need to do it at this point, because I've been sick all winter; but I'm not ready to give up dairy yet
    Work in progress!
    Amanda

Oh I have no problem giving up dairy. I've been pretty much dairy free for weeks now and it hasn't made a difference at all. If anything I've gotten sicker. I woke up today really bad. The probiotics in the sinus cleanse up the snout was supposed to help but hasn't.

I'm definitely losing weight though. I can tell in my face already. I'll weigh tomorrow morning to see if I'm keeping up with Primal Primate. Started a new workout yesterday called I Want Six Pack Abs 2. It's on you tube. Did the original one a few years back and had good results. Today is HIIT day so I'll be doing that as well. I know mark has a blueprint workout to follow but I want to go a step further. I'm sprinting, lifting heavy things(my fat tail), and I stand up and walk around all day at work so I'm moving frequently at a slow pace too. I'm keeping it all in line just adding my own flavor to it.
    Woke up this morning using my wake up light and it was awesome. Woke up to the light before my alarm went off and despite getting woke up twice in the night by the puppy I'm watching I felt pretty refreshed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12