Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday weight gain? Where U go?

Hybrid View

Holiday weight gain? Where U go?

I really ATE, but I made mostly Primal choices. But I really ATE. You don't even know. My stomach poking out under my ribs, hard as a drum head. I might be holding five pounds of water or stool, but that's it. Go Primal!
    The remainder is an unjustifiable, egotistical power struggle
    At the expense of the American dream, American dream
    Of the American

We don`t give a damn about your world
    With all your global profits
    And all your jeweled pearls
    Right now, right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I really ATE, but I made mostly Primal choices. But I really ATE. You don't even know. My stomach poking out under my ribs, hard as a drum head. I might be holding five pounds of water or stool, but that's it. Go Primal!
    I ate horribly and DID gain.

But a two day fast plus a couple of days back on my IF + one VERY large meal a day and you barely knew!

Nice.
    The remainder is an unjustifiable, egotistical power struggle
    At the expense of the American dream, American dream
    Of the American

With all your global profits
    And all your jeweled pearls
    Right now, right now!

I made some not too good choices, mostly Lindor dark and not so dark chocolate truffles and didn't limit my calories at all, all last week. I too felt bloated and bigger somehow. So on the 26th went VLC for a few days with only salad greens for carbs and back to my usual exercise routine.
    Now I'm back to my pre-holiday shape and my appetite is considerably lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Lindor dark and not so dark chocolate truffles
    Don't those have gluten? I think I almost got sucked into one of those things but there was an ingredient that stopped me.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Don't those have gluten? I think I almost got sucked into one of those things but there was an ingredient that stopped me.
    Ingredients
    Dark Sweet Chocolate [Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Skim Milk, Milkfat, Soya Lecithin (Emulsifier), Vanillin (Artificial Flavoring)], Vegetable Oil (Coconut, Palm Kernel), Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Milk, Soya Lecithin (Emulsifier), Barley Malt Powder, Vanillin (Artificial Flavoring), Caramel Flavoring. may Contain Traces of Peanuts/Tree Nuts.
    This is on the blue ones. Bad! I guess I better stay away from that stuff from now on. I just ASSumed that since it's chocolate the worst ingredients in it would be the soy lecithin and sugar.

This is on the blue ones. Bad! I guess I better stay away from that stuff from now on. I just ASSumed that since it's chocolate the worst ingredients in it would be the soy lecithin and sugar.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what "caramel flavoring" is (I bet it comes from corn), but the Barley Malt Powder is the one that "saved" me from diving into those things this holiday season.

I made some not too good choices, mostly Lindor dark and not so dark chocolate truffles and didn't limit my calories at all, all last week.
    LOL! I did this exactly. Basically had 30 truffles in one day. Except I came back slightly leaner o.O

I lost over Thanksgiving, I lost over Christmas- I gained a lb on New Years Eve (alcohol carbs...). It'll drop off soon.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

I ate like a pig for 2 days. Cookies, candy, pie, noodles the whole thing. Put on a few pounds but it is all gone now plus another pound on top of it. No big deal to me, it's a journey not a sprint for me.