Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday weight gain? Where U go? page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Holiday weight gain? Where U go?

Primal Fuel
    I really ATE, but I made mostly Primal choices. But I really ATE. You don't even know. My stomach poking out under my ribs, hard as a drum head. I might be holding five pounds of water or stool, but that's it. Go Primal!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I really ATE, but I made mostly Primal choices. But I really ATE. You don't even know. My stomach poking out under my ribs, hard as a drum head. I might be holding five pounds of water or stool, but that's it. Go Primal!
    I ate horribly and DID gain.

But a two day fast plus a couple of days back on my IF + one VERY large meal a day and you barely knew!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Nice.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I made some not too good choices, mostly Lindor dark and not so dark chocolate truffles and didn't limit my calories at all, all last week. I too felt bloated and bigger somehow. So on the 26th went VLC for a few days with only salad greens for carbs and back to my usual exercise routine.
    Now I'm back to my pre-holiday shape and my appetite is considerably lower.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Lindor dark and not so dark chocolate truffles
    Don't those have gluten? I think I almost got sucked into one of those things but there was an ingredient that stopped me.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I lost over Thanksgiving, I lost over Christmas- I gained a lb on New Years Eve (alcohol carbs...). It'll drop off soon.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

ecole66 is offline Senior Member
    I ate like a pig for 2 days. Cookies, candy, pie, noodles the whole thing. Put on a few pounds but it is all gone now plus another pound on top of it. No big deal to me, it's a journey not a sprint for me.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i just destroyed myself. i had 12 days of vacation and ate a ton of non-primal food every single day. at first it was just to celebrate the holidays...then it became an experiment of sorts. i wanted to see what it would take for me to put on some noticeable fat (plus it's not like i was all that lean to begin with). well, i gained some fat for sure. now, i get to play around with how my body loses fat. also, i have a theory that i'm going to bust through any plateaus i had before the holidays.

here are a few things i learned:
    i can stupidly, blindly eat whatever and however much i want for two weeks and still fit into my clothes...although they're tighter
    i have no food intolerances, but could have some acid reflux issues to keep an eye on
    no SAD food tastes as good as most primal foods
    eating/moving primally keeps me from getting sick
    it would be remarkably easy to stay primal during the holidays.
    gaining fat quickly sucks
    prediction: i will lose fat quicker and easier than i gained it.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I either went for pleasant hikes or I sat out in the sun all day reading. I ate whatever I wanted, all primal with the exception of chocolate and champagne. I probably gained some weight, of course. I'm no Knifegill.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

PrimalPotter is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I splurged on latkes, yummy cranberry cheese & crackers, and a small piece of this aMAZing gluten-free chocolate cake someone had made. Only sugar I've had in a year. So, one night of highly enjoyable food debauchery. Not bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast