Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holiday weight gain? Where U go? page 3

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I sampled everything that looked interesting, and felt like crap on more than a few days. But all the chocolate is gone now, so I think I'm in the clear.

Interesting though...it took much less to satisfy my impulses. I know I ate much, much less pie, shortbread, chocolate and booze than I would have in previous years. It was good, but it was more than enough. And that overfull feeling was overwhelming.

I have no idea if or how much weight I might have gained. Its irrelevant. My clothes still fit and I have the tools to get back on track.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    This is on the blue ones. Bad! I guess I better stay away from that stuff from now on. I just ASSumed that since it's chocolate the worst ingredients in it would be the soy lecithin and sugar.
    Actually this is for all of them...I don't know why but all the bags have the same ingredients? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Improper carb refeed is still a carb refeed!
    Bahahaha Yay!

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    First time in many, many years I did not gain a pound over the break.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why. I was about the same percentage primal last Christmas and gained 8 lbs (that never left).

Can one be a hard gainer and a hard loser at once?

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    Ditto- on all counts! Felt like crap, kept eating it. Lost 5 lbs of water the past 2 days, starting to feel normal again.

Why the hell do I do that to myself on occasion? To remind myself just how gluten and dairy intolerant I REALLY am?? Arghh!
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

devan is offline Junior Member
    In holidays we gain a lot of weight This is because we have nothing to do we simply stay at home Eat too much Do less exercise So to remain out of this problem we should remain busy during holiday Do a little bit of exercise And try not to eat too much

Learn More
    Last edited by devan; 11-25-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I didn't gain any weight, we didn't go many places over the holidays and the few places we went the food wasn't tempting. Turns out the primal stuff we eat at home is so much more tasty.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I didn't gain any weight, we didn't go many places over the holidays and the few places we went the food wasn't tempting. Turns out the primal stuff we eat at home is so much more tasty.
    +1 especially on the Primal food. Other foods just don't do it for me anymore.
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

RobbyJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    +1 especially on the Primal food. Other foods just don't do it for me anymore.
    I ate a TON more cheese than normal, and some sugar in sausages. The only completely non primal food I had was a cherry pie, and I don't regret a second of it. I'm already forgetting the bloating and gas, but the flavor of the crust as it flaked apart in my mouth is as crisp a memory as if it happened yesterday. As for the rolls, crackers, cakes, and stuffing, forget about it!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I also did not gain any weight this holiday season. Mostly, we've been eating primal.

I splurged on home-made snicker doodles (not primal ones) -- about 12 total. And then, also I've had gelato once (child's sized scoop). And today was the biggie: pizza (gf crust). It was good. And, we went berry picking, so I had fresh berries and fresh whipped cream (no sugar or flavor added, just cream!). Delicious.

I suspect this may be the last go. Next week is home, then a few days out in the countryside again, so more fresh produce no doubt (picking zucchini or onions likely). Maybe asparagus. Hmm.

Anyway, it's been mostly primal. With IF, and no weight gain here.

shrinkinglo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Unfortunatley, I indulged in a bit too much alcohol and roast potatoes, and I can really feel the difference (not in a good way)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast