Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday weight gain? Where U go? page 2

primaltreehgr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post

here are a few things i learned:
    i can stupidly, blindly eat whatever and however much i want for two weeks and still fit into my clothes...although they're tighter
    i have no food intolerances, but could have some acid reflux issues to keep an eye on
    no SAD food tastes as good as most primal foods
    eating/moving primally keeps me from getting sick
    it would be remarkably easy to stay primal during the holidays.
    gaining fat quickly sucks
    prediction: i will lose fat quicker and easier than i gained it.
    i did the same thing, i am back eating primal and feeling great just after 5 days. . .and it is nice to see the fat leaving already!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I gained about 6 lbs (since Thanksgiving) by eating whatever I wanted which included too many cookies, eggnog and other crap. I imagine that plenty of it is water.
    Started a Whole 30 today.

On the upside.... I made myself sick of sugar. Oh, and eating gluten= back pain for me.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    From Thanksgiving to this morning, I gained a pound. Fortunately, sweet toothery isn't my downfall - but I did overindulge on cheeses and firewater. Still and all, there have been holiday seasons where I gained 7 or 8 pounds, so I'm a happy camper.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I maintained; didn't eat one bite of grains the whole month. Sooooo boring, but I have other goals, not just weight stuff......

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I actually lost weight and am closer to 100 now. Need to gain a couple. All my get togethers for the holiday took place at sushi restaurants where all my friends and I had tiny bits of fish.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I made some not too good choices, mostly Lindor dark and not so dark chocolate truffles and didn't limit my calories at all, all last week.
    LOL! I did this exactly. Basically had 30 truffles in one day. Except I came back slightly leaner o.O

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Improper carb refeed is still a carb refeed!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Went from 90% Primal to 70% over the holidays and gained a few lbs (168 up go 171). I ate a lot, grains in several pieces of pumpkin pie crust and way too many pieces of my wife's wonderful pumpkin loaf and dark chocolate rum balls, organic vanilla ice cream, chicken enchiladas, mashed potatos, lots of cheese, dark chocolate, red and white wine and even had a beer while watching football. On a positive note I IF'd most days until at least noon and ate a totally paleo breakfast, and did some good training which helped keep the fat gain to a minimum. Back to 90% Paleo/Primal as of today and will probably be back to my pre holiday weight in a couple of days.
    Last edited by canuck416; 01-02-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Don't those have gluten? I think I almost got sucked into one of those things but there was an ingredient that stopped me.
    Ingredients
    Dark Sweet Chocolate [Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Skim Milk, Milkfat, Soya Lecithin (Emulsifier), Vanillin (Artificial Flavoring)], Vegetable Oil (Coconut, Palm Kernel), Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Milk, Soya Lecithin (Emulsifier), Barley Malt Powder, Vanillin (Artificial Flavoring), Caramel Flavoring. may Contain Traces of Peanuts/Tree Nuts.
    This is on the blue ones. Bad! I guess I better stay away from that stuff from now on. I just ASSumed that since it's chocolate the worst ingredients in it would be the soy lecithin and sugar.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've pretty much gained 4 lbs from september to now. I feel like my body just wants to store extra fat for the winter. I can't be too sure if it's fat since I go through weight fluctuations quite often. In any case I did eat non primal food during the holidays and boy did I pay for it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast