Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who wants to live forever? page 4

vtphoenix is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I think it would be fine to live a long time, even with people you know dying around you. I've moved around a lot and know that people enter and exit our lives, so I could probably cope with that. I just think about all the cool stuff you could do if you were immortal like Connor and Duncan MacLeod. Elves in lore like Tolkien were fantastic in magic, archery, swordsmanship due to their long lives and plenty of practice. You could live in several parts of the world, learn all the languages, be part of history (without people knowing it), learn how to play every instrument, see all the advancements in technology, in spirituality.

To me, that would be a life worth living...

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    I think it would be fine to live a long time, even with people you know dying around you. I've moved around a lot and know that people enter and exit our lives, so I could probably cope with that. I just think about all the cool stuff you could do if you were immortal like Connor and Duncan MacLeod. Elves in lore like Tolkien were fantastic in magic, archery, swordsmanship due to their long lives and plenty of practice. You could live in several parts of the world, learn all the languages, be part of history (without people knowing it), learn how to play every instrument, see all the advancements in technology, in spirituality.

This. There is always something new and challenging to learn, and new and interesting things happening. Always.

Not to mention if you weren't a complete idiot with money, you'd be wealthy by age 100 and stinking, filthy rich by 250. And you'd probably be able to do some pretty badass good for the world from that position.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I think the human race would be a damn sight better if we were like the elves. Long lives and low birth rate, we care for the few kids there are fully, and we appricate the natural order of the world as we live long enough to see the damage we cause. Imagine how you would view humanity if you were 200 and just coming into your prime of life.

So yes I want to live for-ever, live lfe to the full, be healthy fit and strong till I drop, or die in hand to hand combat with an orc. I believe primal is the best way of eating and living to achieve this.

I also want to fly on a dragon and want to be magic so much I could cry, so I wouldn't take me too seriously
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    My only motivation for eating healthy is to be strong, healthy, happy, and medication-free.

I actually find the idea of longevity terrifying; if I don't kick it by 72, I'm going out Maude-style

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    You could live in several parts of the world, learn all the languages, be part of history (without people knowing it), learn how to play every instrument, see all the advancements in technology, in spirituality.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    This. There is always something new and challenging to learn, and new and interesting things happening. Always.

Not to mention if you weren't a complete idiot with money, you'd be wealthy by age 100 and stinking, filthy rich by 250. And you'd probably be able to do some pretty badass good for the world from that position.
    Thing is though, how many people do you know who actually live life to the fullest? How many people only speak one language, and have only lived in one or two places? How many people spend their lives striving to write the most amazing novel, and always fall short? Or keep trying to help others, and jsut annoy them?

I agree that life is beautiful, and has so much potential, but I think many people trapped in patterns that they don't know how to break. For me, that's one reason I don't want to go on and on and on and on. But I also believe that we're just balls of energy, so I don't believe we ever really die, just change form.

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    My only motivation for eating healthy is to be strong, healthy, happy, and medication-free.

I actually find the idea of longevity terrifying; if I don't kick it by 72, I'm going out Maude-style
    Lol. That film has a brilliant sound track
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    After reading some of the responses, I'm going to amend my answer to living forever. I would if I could be a vampire or a vampire-like creature. Eternally 40 years old physically. Biggest problem would be being a primal vampire - would I have to prey on human primals or could I just keep a stable of grass fed vegans upon whom to feed?

Harold and Maude is one of my top five favorite movies of all time. But Maude waited 'til she was 80, didn't she? BestBetter, don't be terrified. My grandmother lived to be 85 or 86 and except for the last six weeks of her life, she was vital and active and funny and alert.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Short-term motivation: Look hot & be able to save myself from disasters and/or zombies.
    Long-term motivation: Live forever. Or at least until 120. That's my goal and I'm sticking to it.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    After reading some of the responses, I'm going to amend my answer to living forever. I would if I could be a vampire or a vampire-like creature. Eternally 40 years old physically. Biggest problem would be being a primal vampire - would I have to prey on human primals or could I just keep a stable of grass fed vegans upon whom to feed?
    Bahahahahahahahaha!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sroelofs is offline Senior Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234