Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to live forever? page 3

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I only want to live longer if everybody else lives longer. When it is just me living longer, I feel that my perception of time and value will be skewed, and will not contribute as much to society, at least instinctively.

Wouldn't it be amazing for everybody to live longer at the same time though? Generations of knowledge having to be passed down would no longer be an issue. But then again, it would have to depend on the degredation of your cells and how healthy you are in general.

100 is about right for me. Or up until cacao becomes extinct.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I think I'd be okay outliving everybody. Everybody just moves away anyway. I feel like I've already lived ten different lives as it is. People are, on the whole, disposable and replaceable. They come and go, much like TV shows and books. Just when you start liking them a bit, they're done, gone, whisked away. Since I've learned to stop making friends and investing my time in relationships, life has only been better and more manageable. Communication is stressful and largely fruitless, I'd rather watch grass grow.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm basically just interested in living life to the fullest. I admit to not doing as well at that as I could since I spend a lot of time sleeping in front of the TV.
    I hear you. I feel like I waste so much time dawdling on the internet and recovering from general life...! I'd prefer to live more and die younger...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post

I fear death, but I don't want to live forever unless my loved ones are there with me.
    Thanks for your honesty. I suspect that most people are afraid of death but don't admit it / think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    not me, sadly most days I don't want to live... eternity just sounds dreadful.
    Sorry to hear that Ryan
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I am curious so part of me want's to live forever and find out what happens. But if the world continues the way it is maybe I don't want to know. Overall whatever time I have left I want to be active. I want to live, to do all those things I have never done. And I want to be healthy enough to do that. I see too many people who are miserable because of their health.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I should add, I'd love to be immortal, for the very reasons sbhikes mentions. It's only ever right now. As a kid, I used to visit local plants and watch them grow. When life allows, I'm a very zen person, even before I knew what that meant I knew how to achieve it. If I could feel young and strong forever and not lose my senses - yeah. I'd love to live in every country for 100 years and learn all the languages, customs, attitudes, etc. I'd take a few thousand year vacation and watch mountains rise and fall, recording it with drawings. Earth is just NOT a boring place.
    Exactly. +42.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Kind of a deep one but here goes -

If you reflect on it, what is the motivating factor behind your healthy eating?
    Self-experimentation, and vain reasons(maintaining youthful appearance as long as possible, people around look like zombies most of the time.)
    Do you secretly hope that by eating well you'll postpone the Grim Reaper?
    Death is inevitable. Regardless of how healthy you are, accidents, random acts of violence, etc; are not that much of a rarity anymore. Death can come swift and without warning. I try not to give myself any false sense of security. Everyone will die.
    Are you trying avoid the slow, steady health decline many associate with old age?
    Yes. The current, and past rate of living theory are flawed and wrong. Intelligence, health, and aging are all intrinsically linked with metabolism.
    OR, are you trying to live life to the fullest?
    Unfortunately no. I live a mundane life that is wholly unsatisfying. Happiness is the absolute key to health above all.

And finally (most morbidly) - have you got an age in your head that you'd like to live until?
    Haven't really thought of it. The entire human species is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Even those who have etched themselves permanently into history, are insignificant in the totality of existence.

That said though, the short time that we all spend alive, is better spent in the company of loved ones(I have a romantic idea here, that I'll save for later). I think coming to terms with dying, growing older, but having someone to grow older with, will help make your passing more pleasant. It all contributes to the happiness factor.

Currently, though, as the world is now, and having said above^ I would definitely decline immortality.
    I like this topic
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

peril is offline Senior Member
    For me its all about avoiding decrepitude. Don't care how long I live so long as I'm active and competent. Age targets are pointless
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm not afraid of aging or death really all that much, but I"m not welcoming it either, if you know what i mean.

We eat healthfully so that we can age well -- so that we can look younger, of course, so pure vanity, and also so that we can feel good and have great mobility and independence until the end.

I figure living to somewhere between 80-100 with really good quality of life would be nice.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I don't care about living longer. I'm not afraid of death. My main motivation right now is maintaining my good looks for as long as I can; that's why I do primal.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Zen11 is offline Member
    My short-term motivation (as a 51yo woman): look good (in clothes and naked), have lots of energy and eliminate the blood sugar issues that come with eating grains & sugars
    My long-term motivation: as the mother of a young adult with autism who may never be able to live independently, I want to live a long life in order to take care of him, and I want to remain healthy because he won't be able to take care of me if I get sick!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast