Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Journaling My Way Through Surgery page 2

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My 100 lb.overweight, diabetic, hypertensive husband FINALLY agreed----out of terrified hopelessness----to give me a week of eating primal.

So yesterday I fed him eggs with bacon and an orange for breakfast; shrimp with a BAS for lunch; and roast chicken, cauliflower/carrots and a half of a sweet potato for dinner. He had some nuts and deviled eggs for snacks. His usual morning fasting blood sugar is in the 150s. ONE DAY of eating primal and his morning sugar was 143. Amazing. It's NEVER in the 140s.
    Too bad I have my surgery a week from today, I'd like to continue to help him with this but for that first week I'm kind of dependent on others. He can make burgers....

My pre op list of things to do:
    1. Buy lots of mineral water.
    2. Buy lots of herbal tea.
    3. Take my ground meat and make patties for easy preparation.
    4. Make bone broth and freeze.

I'm feeling well and strong. I got over a cold in two days. I am ready for a quick and complete recovery!

Pea

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Day 4 post op.

Surgery went well. The worst part was feeling toxic for 3 days from anesthesia----surgery took 6 hours, that's a lot of drugs! Drank lemon water, took only 2 doses of narcotic pain relief, drinking detox tea and feel scads better. Am walking about, up and down stairs, mopped the floor! Have my first post-op check on Monday and will ask about walking around the indoor Y track---my house just isn't made for walking about, small rooms and I need to walk some. Recovery for this 57-year-old woman is proceeding better than I'd hoped! Thanks to good nutrition...

Pea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12