Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does fasting cause more weight gain? page

Phillykid is offline Senior Member

Does fasting cause more weight gain?

Primal Fuel
    Starting last week i began the fasting by skipping breakfast, but i also wanted to try a low calorie fast. I eat two chicken thighs for lunch, almonds as a snack, and salmon for dinner. I'm eating under 1,000 calories, but i feel leaner and more energized which i didn't expect. I want to continue doing this for a week more before i go back to my normal eating routine, but will my weight come back worse than before?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    Starting last week i began the fasting by skipping breakfast, but i also wanted to try a low calorie fast. I eat two chicken thighs for lunch, almonds as a snack, and salmon for dinner. I'm eating under 1,000 calories, but i feel leaner and more energized which i didn't expect. I want to continue doing this for a week more before i go back to my normal eating routine, but will my weight come back worse than before?
    You are energized because your stress hormones are probably through the roof. You are seriously hurting your longterm health. If you keep on the way you are, most likely you will have screwed up hormones and metabolism down the road and be very prone to fat gain.

But what about those who do 24 hour fast a couple times a week?

WJS
    WJS is offline Junior Member
    Or IF like JUDDD?

JUDDD - Low Carb Friends

Zach is offline Banned
    Fasting by itself is not damaging or fattening as long as its kept usually below 24 hours for a normal person. If someone has a lot of weight to lose, it may be an option but atill probably not the best.

Usually fasting is followed by a feast period. Starving yourself during your eating phase will only magnify the negative effects of the fast period.

I know your young and really want to lose the last bit of weight but there are other much healthier options then starvation. I cant convince you but if you start seeing signs like no energy, no libido , bad sleep, feeling cold, waking up to peee multiple times, remember what i and others said in your previous post and up your calories!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Phillykid, you will be fine doing this for one week. You will not cause serious harm to your body or metabolism. Your body will adjust and burn energy from your fat stores, just as nature intended.

However, doing this for the long term is not advisable, especially if you are very physically active. If your routine diet after this fast is healthy and contains sufficient amounts of food, then you should be fine. You do have to realize that one week of fasting or extreme calorie restriction will not undo months or years of bad diet or fat gain. The healthiest way to lose fat long term is slow and steady. Sorry, there is no magic bullet.

IF is a great tool to help reduce calories to below maintenance levels to drop fat. It works faster for some than for others.

Okay thanks guys. I'm only doing this for a week for an event next week and i want to look my best. I just didn't want it to backfire on me and gain all this weight out of nowhere.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    I think we have another Gadsie on our hands. Isn't this kid like 6'1 135 lbs? Didn't everybody tell him to eat more in the other thread he started?

Yea i was eating a lot. I just wanted to do this for one week to lean out a bit quicker for an event

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Be careful doing it like this. My body immediately goes into saving mode when I eat very little and I do not loose anything. When I start eating again I gain weight (I am female)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast