Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Does fasting cause more weight gain? page 7

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    No.

My very first post i said there is nothing wrong with IFing as long as he is getting enough calories. But his thing is he wants to get as much fat off as possible. Starving will take some fat off along with muscle and a lot of water.
    I hope you know that you lose muscle regardless how slow the weight loss. You didn't lose hard earned muscle, you lost muscle used to carry the fat around.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    You will really have to experiment for yourself in order to know what works.
    Very true.
    When I started eating "Warrior style", I ate a huge amount of food at my one meal. My thinking was that I would have to tank up in order to have enough to get me through the next day until feast time.
    That put 5 pounds on me by the time I took notice. (at about 3 weeks in)
    My revised stratedgy was to have one big plate of food, with all the macros represented. Meat, veggies, starch, and fat.
    This brought my weight back down to where I wanted it to be, in about 2 weeks time.

fitnessguru is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    Starting last week i began the fasting by skipping breakfast, but i also wanted to try a low calorie fast. I eat two chicken thighs for lunch, almonds as a snack, and salmon for dinner. I'm eating under 1,000 calories, but i feel leaner and more energized which i didn't expect. I want to continue doing this for a week more before i go back to my normal eating routine, but will my weight come back worse than before?
    Personally, I don't think it's the best idea to skip breakfast (or any meal) for that matter. Instead of a big breakfast with bacon, eggs, toast, and potatoes try scaling that down to just some eggs and some fruit (or have a bowl of oatmeal and add mixed berries).

I've found that people who skip meals end up regressing and gaining more weight down the road than those who cut back on their portions. There are SO many "fad" diets out there that are extremely unhealthy for you. It's very possible to lose weight and still eat a lot of the things you want...you just need to know your limits. Don't go to a buffet 4 nights a week and wonder why you're not losing weight...lol. But if you want a steak and potatoes, then go for it! Instead of a 12oz ribeye however, try a 6oz fillet or sirloin instead.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguru View Post
    Personally, I don't think it's the best idea to skip breakfast (or any meal) for that matter. Instead of a big breakfast with bacon, eggs, toast, and potatoes try scaling that down to just some eggs and some fruit (or have a bowl of oatmeal and add mixed berries).

I've found that people who skip meals end up regressing and gaining more weight down the road than those who cut back on their portions. There are SO many "fad" diets out there that are extremely unhealthy for you. It's very possible to lose weight and still eat a lot of the things you want...you just need to know your limits. Don't go to a buffet 4 nights a week and wonder why you're not losing weight...lol. But if you want a steak and potatoes, then go for it! Instead of a 12oz ribeye however, try a 6oz fillet or sirloin instead.
    Bullshit.

You might want to read this and start questioning your old, outdated CW wisdom: How Fasting Aids Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple

Make sure you read the comments as the results reported by these folks sort of speak for themselves.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Bullshit.

You might want to read this and start questioning your old, outdated CW wisdom: How Fasting Aids Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple

Make sure you read the comments as the results reported by these folks sort of speak for themselves.
    +1
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Bullshit.

That's why I said, "Personally" as I was referring to MY opinion and what has worked for ME. For anyone who can lose weight permanently by skipping breakfast or any other meal...kudos to you! Everyone has to do what works best for THEM! But it doesn't always work that way is all I'm saying. There are TONS of ways to lose weight, I was just letting people know what has worked well for me.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguru View Post
    That's why I said, "Personally" as I was referring to MY opinion and what has worked for ME. For anyone who can lose weight permanently by skipping breakfast or any other meal...kudos to you! Everyone has to do what works best for THEM! But it doesn't always work that way is all I'm saying. There are TONS of ways to lose weight, I was just letting people know what has worked well for me.

Do you even realize that this is a paleo/Primal Blue Blueprint (i.e. NO grains in the diet)specific diet forum?
    You included "toast" and "oatmeal" in your breakfast choices... Umm, not appropriate.

And then there is that sales page link in your sig...
    I smell SPAM, and when I smell SPAM I click the triangle of death.

** Nice edit of the sig SPAM since I gave you a warning. You'll get busted... no warning next time.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-04-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    I usually forget eating breakfast so my first meal is lunch around noon. So unplanned fasting between 10 PM the day before till noon the following day seems to be part of my eating habits.

Once in awhile, I have brunch and usually during the weekend. The following morning I feel hungry earlier than normal at which point I just eat something if I manage to find something before the hunger going away. Most of the time, I got distracted with different stuff and forget to eat so I just slowly going back to no breakfast routine. I've been having this crazy no breakfast on/off for 20+years and I haven't notice any issue. I usually have 2 meals a day and not really eat much snack in between.

Everyone is different so I'd just try and see how your body respond. I gain weight when I sleep a lot, stress out and retaining water, and maybe eating too late at night.
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Do you even realize that this is a paleo/Primal Blue Blueprint (i.e. NO grains in the diet)specific diet forum?
    You included "toast" and "oatmeal" in your breakfast choices... Umm, not appropriate.

And then there is that sales page link in your sig...
    I smell SPAM, and when I smell SPAM I click the triangle of death.
    I've seen lots of discussions about grains in various threads on this forum, so I wouldn't say it's not "appropriate."

And I wouldn't call a free report that I wrote "spam," but nevertheless, I have removed the link.

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    I completely cut out grains and i'm not as hungry. As far as the fasting, the past 3 days, i tried a 3 hour eating window, skipping dinner, and yesterday i ate one big dinner. I wish i did the one big dinner from the start, my face looks slimmer and i feel good. I'm not even hungry right now and it's almost lunchtime.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast