Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does fasting cause more weight gain? page 4

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok thanks! My main foods are eggs, chicken, big salads (not this week), and steak/salmon when i can afford it. I eat apples/berries here and there, but i'd rather have my carbs come from vegetables. Ima try this one meal a day thing. Today I tried a 3 hour eating window starting at noon, it's 6 pm now and i'm not hungry and i feel good

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    Ok thanks! My main foods are eggs, chicken, big salads (not this week), and steak/salmon when i can afford it. I eat apples/berries here and there, but i'd rather have my carbs come from vegetables. Ima try this one meal a day thing. Today I tried a 3 hour eating window starting at noon, it's 6 pm now and i'm not hungry and i feel good
    Sounds great. Fruit is fine if you do well with it (ie it doesn't give you cravings), but not everyone reacts the same way. Experiment with your diet to see what combination of foods works best for you.

How much fat do you eat and what are favorite fatty foods?

I don't have time to pack lunch so i buy baked chicken thighs at the grocery store near me. I hope they use primal cooking oils. 2 for $3.00 though (cooked right before lunch time, not packaged)

I don't have time to pack lunch so i buy baked chicken thighs at the grocery store near me. I hope they use primal cooking oils. 2 for $3.00 though (cooked right before lunch time, not packaged)
    Primal cooking oils from store bought pre-cooked chicken? Probably not. Good rendered lard or tallow would not be "healthy" and good quality coconut or olive oils would be too "expensive" for them. Unfortunately it's most likely corn, canola, or soy oil.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    How much fat do you eat and what are favorite fatty foods?
    Meat with the fatty stuff is the best. Just don't eat it raw

It's *really* hard to overeat when you only eat once a day. In fact I found when I was only eating once a day that I was struggling to eat sufficient total calories (and getting mildly depressed with cold hands/feet in the afternoon, which had NEVER happened to me before). Adding a couple of cream based desserts let me increase the energy total, but it ended up being easier to just start having breakfast again.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Damn, is it that big of a deal if they did use those oils? I eat well with everything else, but lunch is limited since i only buy what's around my work

I just called the cooked foods department at the grocery store. They said they cook the chicken thighs in the oven and it's in its own grease, they don't use oils for chicken. Not sure if i believe them, but i have no choice of food selection around here.

I just called the cooked foods department at the grocery store. They said they cook the chicken thighs in the oven and it's in its own grease, they don't use oils for chicken. Not sure if i believe them, but i have no choice of food selection around here.
    The biggest issue with those oils is their high content of omega-6 fats which will lead to oxidation and inflammation in your body, both not desirable.

Mark has this to say about many popular oils: Healthy Oils | Mark&#039;s Daily Apple

But if you're eating only once a day, it's easiest to make your meal in the evening, after you return home from work. Then you can control everything that goes in it.

And it's probably cheaper on the budget too.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    It may not be ideal, but its better than a bear claw . Anytime you don't prepare your own food your at the mercy of some ingredients you would likely leave out given your own choice. I wouldn't be overly concerned about it though unless you are extremely unhealthy and need to be 100% strict. At least being baked its not as likely to be swimming in bad oils. Possibly just a bit brushed on.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast