Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does fasting cause more weight gain? page 3

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I was responding to his post above where he says he gets all his carbs from salad...

Also in the context of losing the most fat in a week, nothing will beat the potato diet.
    Potato diet plus one meal a day IFing?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Potato diet plus one meal a day IFing?
    No.

My very first post i said there is nothing wrong with IFing as long as he is getting enough calories. But his thing is he wants to get as much fat off as possible. Starving will take some fat off along with muscle and a lot of water.

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    I'm eating only fat/protein, not a fan of potatoes

I have a question now, what's the difference if i eat enough at one sitting and fast the rest of the day compared to eating throughout the day, but same amount of calories?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I find calorie restriction within the primal framework of healthy food and moderate exercise to be a terrific way to lose weight. If you are going to calorie restrict for more than a week, I've found that setting aside one or two days a week where I eat maintenance calories keeps me from going into hibernation mode. I've also found that if I hit a plateau of more than two weeks without weight lost, eating one day of about 2000 calories jump starts the weight loss again.

That's what works for me. I have no idea if it works for anyone else on the planet.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    But what about those who do 24 hour fast a couple times a week?
    Very aging:
    Meet Brad | Brad Pilon's 'Eat Blog Eat'
    hoodie-e1351533391338.png

Thanks guys

peril is offline Senior Member
    I have a question now, what's the difference if i eat enough at one sitting and fast the rest of the day compared to eating throughout the day, but same amount of calories?
    You raise insulin when you snack, which impedes weightloss. Best having no snacks
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Yea before i started PB, i followed the 3 meals and 3 snacks plan. I was never hungry, but changes took too long

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    If you eat once a day you give your body a chance to relax and rest between meals. It takes a lot of energy to digest a meal so your body appreciates the break. It a) gives you a chance to enter into fat burning mode, while sparing lean mass, it b) probably engages you in a little bit of autophagy which is the body detoxing itself by killing off bad/sick cells and c) fasting has been proven to extend lifespan in multiple studies of traditional Asian monks and other populations that regularly fast for a variety of reasons.

Don't believe the whole aging hype. Long term caloric RESTRICTION might age you, but we're not doing that. We're eating to normal caloric levels over the course of a week or so and just allowing our bodies to enter fat-burning mode by giving them a chance to rest between meals.

Oh, and Brad Pilon is a HORRIBLE example of the aging assertion because he does NOT eat primal. Yes he fasts, but... He eats grains, sugars, bad oils, and suffers all of the effects from them. You're hopefully eating much, MUCH healthier than he is.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast