Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does fasting cause more weight gain? page 2

Phillykid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How about if i just eat in a 6 hour window and fast for 18 hours? Will that work as fast?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    How about if i just eat in a 6 hour window and fast for 18 hours? Will that work as fast?
    Check out the potato diet if you only have a week.

Shouldn't i keep carb intake low? I usually eat salads for carbs, but im cutting them out for this week

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Don't listen to them. I eat once a day (one LARGE meal) and it just feels natural and right to me. I've leand out and lost fat without losing lean body mass and my energy levels are just fine.

Mark did a great series on the health benefits of fasting which I suggest you look up and read for more information on why fasting is safe and effective for most people.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Don't listen to them. I eat once a day (one LARGE meal) and it just feels natural and right to me. I've leand out and lost fat without losing lean body mass and my energy levels are just fine.

Mark did a great series on the health benefits of fasting which I suggest you look up and read for more information on why fasting is safe and effective for most people.
    +1 You'll be fine.

Mark never really says if fasting causes weight gain, i don't think. I read somewhere eating after fasting causes weight to come back even more and worse.

Zach is offline Banned
    Carbs are not the devil.

Just do the potato diet. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillykid View Post
    Mark never really says if fasting causes weight gain, i don't think. I read somewhere eating after fasting causes weight to come back even more and worse.
    Not true at all. I IF regularly and haven't experienced any of the sort of "starvation" effects that people keep talking about. It's more about keeping weekly caloric totals at a reasonable level than it is counting calories every single day.

Besides, it's only going to come back worse if you start binging as a result. Oh sure, if you have any sort of eating disorders then I'd never recommend fasting, but as long as that's not an issue, you'll be fine. Seriously, hundreds of IFing primalites can't ALL be wrong. Give it a chance before you knock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Carbs are not the devil.

Just do the potato diet. Seriously.
    I don't think anyone said they were?

I know tons of people around here who eat copious amounts of carbs but still incorporate IFing as a part of their routine.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I don't think anyone said they were?

I know tons of people around here who eat copious amounts of carbs but still incorporate IFing as a part of their routine.
    I was responding to his post above where he says he gets all his carbs from salad...

Also in the context of losing the most fat in a week, nothing will beat the potato diet.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast