Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quacklady going CaveWoman !!! page 2

JudyMac is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well that's pretty good for day two! Nice work.

Keep an eye on smoothies, they can often become carb laden, and you don't even notice. I've been pretty guilty of that as I have a similar type of blender.
    Does yours have a macerator? If so you can make fruit sorbet, take some berry fruit out of the freezer for 10 minutes then emulsify/macerate...great replacement for ice cream on a hot summers day.

Coconut milk I try to avoid, but some thai stores online stock unsweetened. I normally use coconut oil and coconut water as a replacement - after hacking into the coconut.

Caffeinated is offline Member
    Welcome Cynthia. I have just gone primal as well and made a group for 2013ers so we can all stay motivated and share ideas. If you want to join here is the group. Judy, you seem like you know your stuff. Smoothies can be a trap like you said. Everyone wants to make them seem healthy but I have noticed that Mark warns against them as well. I'm glad you are around to help!

If anyone is newer to this whole Primal thing and wants to join a group so we can all stay motivated and share our learning experiences I made a group.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group157.html
    Last edited by Caffeinated; 01-03-2013 at 12:23 PM.

quacklady71 is offline Junior Member
    Ok...so day 4 of my Primal Journey. As I have said before....I am easing into this. I have given up all breads, potatoes, pasta's, sweets and the such so already I am feeling a bit better.
    Yesterday I made an onion and pepper scrambled egg scramble for breakfast. 1 whole onion chopped up and sauteed in coconut oil along with 8 small orange and red peppers (the baby ones) to which I added 2 beaten eggs. was very good. very filling.
    lunch was an avocado and some blueberries. Just was not hungry. Dinner was out at a local restaurant. I stuck with baked fishes (shrimp/fillet/scallops) with a creamy lobster sauce. I know this wasn't paleo (the sauce) but it was the least of the dangerous food to pick--along with sauteed green beans and a baked sweet potatoe. No breads...no desserts...tequila on the rocks with lime...and water...
    I slept like a rock last night....not sure if it the change in diet or was the tequila.

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Doing great!! Keep up the good work! Better sleep is awesome

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Cynthia. it alwasy makes me happy ans inspired to see another person who has decided to make such an amazing life choice. I am trying to convert as many of my clients onto Paleo as possible, and have seen amazing results with the ones that have.

Of course you have to find what works for you with regards meal frequency etc (this can be largely effected by amount of exercise/exercise intensity). I am a little and often guy, only because I struggle to eat alot in one go (although my wife might argue with that haha). I eat about 6 times a day, small managable meals. This has brought good results for my clients also.

Your brekkie yesterday looks great. I love omelettes in the AM, or a fretatta (no idea how to spell that).

Keep at it, and ask away if you ever get stuck. You are not alone and almost everyone is willing to help.

I look forward to seeing your continued success.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

quacklady71 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Richard...I have been trying to be Paleo friendly and apparantly I am not doing well enough as by evidenced by my scale today...
    I am UP 6 pounds.
    Hmmmm........too much eating and too much fat I suspect.
    Will have to re-think this.
    Although the aches and pains are less and I am sleeping better...I do not want weight gain.
    In serious thinking mode right now...
    Cynthia

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Cynthia can I give you a piece of advice....Dont pray at the alter of 'the scales.' I will give you an example why:
    I had a client come to me that i had been working with for a little while. She had weighed herself that morning and was upset to notice she was 1.2KG's (about 2.6lbs) heavier .... Not alot I hear you say, but as she was someone who like you who wanted to see the scale going down, she was understandly frustrated and confused. I had to remind her that prior to telling me about her weight gain she had expressed her happiness that she was able to fit into a suit she hadnt worn in years. She was looking fantastic (plenty of comments being sent her way from various people) and her performance on the tennis/badminton courts had shot up.

She had in fact lost weight and gained some muscle. Her waist was down a couple of inches since she last checked. She was thrilled but had done as so many do and put too much stalk into the scales.

If you want meisurements can I suggets a tape meisure?! This will account for muscle gain and still show fat loss very clearly. Also (and most importantly) how do you feel within yourself. If you are feeling better, happier, more energy etc etc then its definately working. I know results are always wanted yesterday (I can attest to that myself - skinny kid who took years to get bigger), but you came here for a life journey, an adventure into health and well being. Stick to the path and enjoy the journey.

Richard

(PS laying out your food intake each day in food diaries etc will show you what your eating, and will show us if feedback is desired).
    Last edited by Richardmac; 01-08-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    I know that I'm new too, but I love what Richard said! I've had success in weight loss in the past via cross fit type exercise and my weight changed very little while I went down 2 clothing sizes. Stick it out a bit if you feel better and if this program feels right to you! I am in health care and once worked with a doctor who trained with Dr. Andrew Weil. He really preached this type of diet and I know that the science behind it is sound. It won't leave you hungry like the others. If you can adopt it as a lifestyle, then it is likely to eliminate pesky cravings so it becomes easier to do. This in turn prevents yo-yo dieting and fluctuations in weight that are so harmful and cause disease.
    Sorry if I've gone overboard; I just really want to see you (and me) succeed and think that it's worth giving it at least one month to let your body and mind work things out. In the end, you have to do what is right for you and you will know what it is!
    Amanda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12