Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How you set up your daily primal eating page

Richardmac is offline Senior Member

How you set up your daily primal eating

Shop Now
    Hey folks

I eat primal (with very very little dairy and some starch from potato/sweet potato). I also eat right for my blood type. I have been doing this for some time now with great results. This is a way of eating I recommend to my clients who are also having great results, even over this tempting time of year.

The one area of primal living that I have not really grasped is the eating 3 meals a day (+a snack if needs be - although that seems to be based around a few nuts or some fruit). I have recommended to people on here that were eating 3x a day on recomendation from primal literature, that they increase their calorie consumption whilst staying primal and it has worked for them in the form of increased energy, weight loss etc. What I should have mentioned is that I eat about 6 times a day. Seldom less but sometimes more. These are not beig meals. I ate a couple of chicken thighs (tiny things) and some bluberries the other day and that counted as a meal. I dont count a recovery shake as a meal (I only have them after an intense hill cycle of at least 10 miles).

I know Grok would not have grazed all day, but is it wrong for us to? I am not posting based on 'Im right your wrong' belief. More out of a desire for a good discussion.

Hope you are all enjoying the festive period and had an amazing Christmas and New Year.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    No, you do not have to eat 3x a day. Eat as many meals as you need or want, just don't overeat or graze too much. A lot of us do intermittent fasting and eat only once a day. Do what works for you.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Some days I eat 5 times (including snacks), some days 2 times. Depends on how hungry I feel and how big the meals are. I bet grok would graze by eating some when (s)he was gathering berries for a meal

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    There isn't a set number of meals per day you should eat.

I have considered the IF route, but Im not sure. The reason i eat alot is that I cant eat a lot in one go.

Was good to hear back from you.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think within the framework (or blueprint) of primal that there are as many ways to be primal as there are people.

For just me, because I canít speak for others, fewer meals and lower carbs are the only things in my entire life that have worked to keep me at a healthy weight. I havenít eaten breakfast on a regular basis since being away from parental dictate. One large meal (evening) and sometimes a small snack (later in the evening) is best for me. But it isnít something I would recommend for everyone because weíre all so different when it comes to age, gender, activity level, genetics, emotional relationship to food, etc.

So, through all the fads and medical and govt pronouncements, this is what works for me. When advised to eat three meals a day, I gained weight. When advised to eat five or six times a day, I laughed because I sometimes actually learn from my mistakes and if three meals made me gain, six would have really done some damage.

There are people here who eat almost no carbs, people who only eat once a day, and at the other range, people who eat a lot of carbs and those that eat often throughout the day. And everything in between.

The most important thing I learned from the PB is about the negative effects of grains, and legumes and also the benefits of non CAFO animal products. And that lead to me getting rid of the foods in my home that had harmful additives because well, itís just silly to eat in a healthful manner on the one hand, but eat chemicals on the other.

OP, Iím pretty much the opposite of you. I like a hearty meal. I can easily eat a 12 oz portion of salmon and an 8-10 oz potato with a handful of brussel sprouts in one sitting. If I did that 3x/day, Iíd be huge, but if I ate it spread out over three meals, Iíd never really feel like I had eaten to satiation.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

EagleRiverDee is online now Senior Member
    I think it's going to be how your body feels. I ate 5X a day pre-primal because I was hungry 5X a day. (3 meals, 2 snacks). Now that I'm primal, I eat twice a day. I am not trying to IF, I just don't get hungry more than twice a day.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Your hunger will probably naturally dial back a bit on this diet and you'll ease into a new routine. Just give it time. You'll get used to it!

Was good to hear differing views. Thanks people. I am not concerend with how I eat. I eat alot, I love food. At 6'1, and about 205 and 8%bf I am almost at my ideal goals. I was more curious as to how others eat and their reasons for this. I have found through personal experience that myself and my clients (who are often eating too much of the wrong foods) that eating more regularly, especially in the beginning of their new regime beings about faster results. I will of course look into this further using myself as a guinea pig and report back in the future.

Thank you

Richard

Cwick is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I also have 5-6 meals per day, I've tried 2-3, but just doesn't work for me. My body composition is ideal for me (around 7% BF) when eating often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast