So I have been Primal now close to a month after a long journey of gradually eliminating those food ingredients I thought were impossible to avoid. What put me over the edge was working so hard at the gym and street running yet never losing that layer of fat that I notice all over and of course the love handles. I plateaued at the gym and was not seeing lean muscle mass being added. Once I dug into the PB I quickly realized that my daily protein requirements were not being met. I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm going to do this. Why?

I'm 42, 6'10", weigh 235ish (down from 280 a few years ago), waist now at 38 from 42. For my size I look well built and proportional and people can't understand "...why such a strict diet?" When I figure 1gm protein/lb...that's a lot of protein. I don't know how to do it. Since going Primal I'm definitely not as hungry as before. Today I tried to force myself to consume more protein (did Lift Heavy Things today). Bkfst: 5 egg omelette with peppers, onions, dairy/grain free cheese (Daiya) ~ 30 gms protein. Lunch: Smoothie with great ingredients and egg white protein ~ 40 gms protein. Dinner: stir fry with al Fresco chkn apple sausage ~ 14 gms of protein. Total: way short of the ~235 gms/day. Don't do well with dairy.

Any ideas? One thing to consider is that 235 lbs with my size is right where I should be...it's the composition that's most important. Thanks so much.