Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble Fulfilling Protein Requirements.

Shop Now
    Great input and great ideas that I never thought of. Thanks so much for the direction. Onward!
    Last edited by JSD_RN; 01-02-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Great ideas and input. Thanks for the perspective and I look forward to the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by JSD_RN View Post
    Thank you. I forgot to figure that. I found an online calculator and put in Male, height, wgt. and it kicked back: According to your measurements - weight of 235 pounds and height of 6' 10", your lean body mass is estimated to be 184.52 . Since the ideal body fat percentage for men is 15%, your ideal lean body weight is 188.35 pounds.

...but even still, I'm coming in way short (of protein )
    If I do that, mine is estimated to be much lower than it is (they use averages). I suggest visiting a gym and get them to use calipers on you.

I hate to say it, because I like to say eat real food..... but you could try a whey protien supp. They tend to be low fat and would make you less full than say a steak.

I didn't drink milk for 20 years, wasn't any better off. Milk is cheap, easy to digest, and the best source of protein in the world.

Shop Now
    Milk? Best source of protein - and casein, and lactose, and oxidized cholesterol, and any cleaning agents left in the trucks and vats, etc. We only buy raw milk from the co-op these days, and just for her yogurt-making.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.