Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: The Warriror Diet page

  1. #1
    coach81's Avatar
    coach81 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    518

    The Warrior Diet

    Primal Fuel
    I've seen reference to this several times in this forum. Something about people that just don't eat BF I think, and have two meals a day.. I'd like more info on this from people that do it, or have more info.

    Thanks in advance,
    Bulltar
    Last edited by coach81; 04-19-2010 at 09:05 AM.

  2. #2
    Daemonized's Avatar
    Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    2,253
    I don't have a whole lot of info about people that do it, but the warrior diet is not just skipping breakfast it's eating just once a day (usually dinner). Think of it like the warriors from the tribe will spend the day moving somewhere, training, fighting a battle, or doing what ever needs to be done then at the end of the day they get to eat their daily meal. So, basically it's a 24 hour IF.

  3. #3
    iniQuity's Avatar
    iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,683
    What Daemonized said. It's essentially eating once a day, a big meal sometime at night though I'm assuming you can play around with the start time of your meal.

    There's a book on it, you can get it for under $10 used: http://search.half.ebay.com/warrior-diet_W0QQ

  4. #4
    coach81's Avatar
    coach81 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    518
    Ewww.. not sure if I could function off only one meal a day everyday. Perhaps further down the road on my primal journey I may revisit..

    Thanks for the info!

  5. #5
    Daemonized's Avatar
    Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    2,253
    I don't do it every day, but I usually do it about three days a week. It's great once you get used to it and it shouldn't effect your functionality unless you're doing something extreme lie running a marathon or something.

  6. #6
    schadowrider's Avatar
    schadowrider is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I don't do it every day, but I usually do it about three days a week. It's great once you get used to it and it shouldn't effect your functionality unless you're doing something extreme lie running a marathon or something.
    Do you eat a fairly normal sized biggish meal for that one meal on those days, or do you tend to make it a *really* big make-up meal kind of thing? IF's so far have mostly been just a skipped meal here or there; feeling a little stalled right now, and am looking to mix things up a bit - this might fit in nicely...

  7. #7
    mstrudle's Avatar
    mstrudle is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marin, California
    Posts
    65
    You can do it by eating nothing for 20 hours and then eating in a four hour window, but that's a gross oversimplification. The idea is to have a period of undereating for 20 hours followed by a period of overeating for four hours. During the undereating phase, you only consume raw fruit and vegetables, with small amounts of protein if you really need to. During the overeating phase you eat as much as you want of a wide variety of foods (Ori says to avoid starches mixed with sugars like the plague, though most other stuff is fair game). He also says you should first consume vegetables, then meats, then finally carbs such as grains or legumes; a sliding scale from lighter to more aggressive tastes.

    Overall alkaline and acid balance figures greatly into the diet, which is why you will only eat fruits and veggies during undereating to balance the heavy protein load later on.

  8. #8
    primalclubber's Avatar
    primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrudle View Post
    You can do it by eating nothing for 20 hours and then eating in a four hour window, but that's a gross oversimplification. The idea is to have a period of undereating for 20 hours followed by a period of overeating for four hours. During the undereating phase, you only consume raw fruit and vegetables, with small amounts of protein if you really need to. During the overeating phase you eat as much as you want of a wide variety of foods (Ori says to avoid starches mixed with sugars like the plague, though most other stuff is fair game). He also says you should first consume vegetables, then meats, then finally carbs such as grains or legumes; a sliding scale from lighter to more aggressive tastes.

    Overall alkaline and acid balance figures greatly into the diet, which is why you will only eat fruits and veggies during undereating to balance the heavy protein load later on.
    This describes almost exactly my daily feeding pattern. I do this almost exclusively, and rarely eat anything during the undereating phase. I've been doing this for about 2 years now, and it works pretty well for me. Even during a 6-month period of voluntary inactivity (workout-wise) at the beginning of last year, I had zero net gain/loss of bodyweight, though I know I lost some muscle and gained some fat.

  9. #9
    Suki's Avatar
    Suki is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    444
    Right - the other part of the warrior diet involves ... warrioring, one would assume.

    I think you get more benefit from something like Fast-5 (hormonally speaking). The Warrior Diet would be a good way to reduce caloric intake throughout the day without having to stop eating.

  10. #10
    Daemonized's Avatar
    Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by schadowrider View Post
    Do you eat a fairly normal sized biggish meal for that one meal on those days, or do you tend to make it a *really* big make-up meal kind of thing? IF's so far have mostly been just a skipped meal here or there; feeling a little stalled right now, and am looking to mix things up a bit - this might fit in nicely...
    I try to make sure that my meal covers all my bases. I make sure that I have plenty of protein and enough fat to satisfy me. My normal meal on a 24 hour day is a BAS. When I first started with the 24 hour thing I would make my salads bigger than normal because I hadn't eaten all day and I wanted to make sure that I got enough to eat for the day. I've quit doing that now. These days I want my dinner at the end of the day to be about the size that I would have eaten anyway had I not skipped the previous two meals for the day. Eating really big after not eating all day made me feel sluggish and bloated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •