Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: improved mental clarity? page

PookDo is offline Senior Member

improved mental clarity?

Obviously huge improvements in physical energy is commonly pointed out when folks go paleo/primal but has anyone gained a significant improvement in mental clarity? As an adult with ADHD? The combination of physical but more so mental clarity is huge to me

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I've only seen it when I started drinking bulletproof coffees every morning with the best quality coffee beans and pastured butter and EVCO. At this time, I also gained 5 lbs over the course of 2 months. But I do miss the mental clarity of the time

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Even though I was eating very little grain pre-primal, removing them was like a fog being lifted.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I love Gingko Biloba.

Been taking it on and off for years.

I always notice that when I'm on it for a while, I can almost literally play music in my head (you know when yo ugot a song stuck in your head? It's more intense on Gingko). That's how I know it works.

My professor told us that Vitamin C is good for mental clarity. Even before he said it I noticed that megadoses of Vit C made me more focused on studying. I guess it could be that.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    100%. Since giving up gluten I am brain fog free
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Mental clarity and relief of ADHD is often a result of giving up wheat. Mental clarity and relief of depression has been reported in my friends who gave up only flours and sugars (they aren't on paleo/primal or low carb or even wheat free, just no flour or sugar.) Extreme mental clarity/focus is often reported when one goes on a ketogenic diet. I've experienced that myself. You can obtain it with fasting as well. So basically, any way you dice it, some aspect of the primal way is probably going to help.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

richard is offline Senior Member
    Giving up orgasms (not sex, just orgasms) seems to be very helpful to increase brain clarity. And a lot of snuggling with a partner. It all builds up oxytocin and keeps prolactin levels down and is extremely helpful not just for brain clarity but also for making all sorts of addictions easier to kick.

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    I certainly have much more mental clarity since going Primal. I'm a pilot and during flying I really notice the difference with before: I'm more alert, sharper and more relaxed when things get a bit stressful on the flightdeck. That and not having to rely on snacks during a long day is enough for me to do this as a lifestyle.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Mental clarity is often experienced by eating less or fasting, so I am not sure that it is primal eating per se that produces this phenomenon…

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    Giving up orgasms (not sex, just orgasms) seems to be very helpful to increase brain clarity. And a lot of snuggling with a partner. It all builds up oxytocin and keeps prolactin levels down and is extremely helpful not just for brain clarity but also for making all sorts of addictions easier to kick.
    1. Citation needed
    2. Don't bother with #1. Nobody cares how good the science is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast