Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: improved mental clarity? page 2

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Absolutely! I have much more mental clarity than before and never experience the dreaded “brain fog”. My memory has also improved. But what really kicked it up a notch for me was when I started intermittent fasting. I discovered that my body (and mind) really enjoy IF.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

richard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    1. Citation needed
    2. Don't bother with #1. Nobody cares how good the science is.
    I know.

It's a hard sell, ain't it, (pun intended??)

More and more science is out on huge hormone changes following orgasm. Prolactin up, dopamine and oxytocin down.

Oxytocin makes it much easier to follow diets and lose weight and makes us less anxious.

Many people experiment with having sex more frequently, with orgasm less frequently, and they experience huge benefits. I'm not going to sit here and enumerate them or preach about it. But it is a big element in brain fog, often *the* element so that when orgasms decline, brain fog goes away, absent any other changes.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm not buying that in the least. When I feel better, my brain is clearer, and I want to have more sex. Having an orgasm doesn't make it worse. If I'm not feeling great, I don't want to have sex, so orgasms aren't really happening anyway.

Anyway, I don't have ADHD, but I have much improved mental clarity when I stick with saturated fats, no grains, and no refined sugars. Keeping up with my amino acids (5-HTP) helps to keep the depression at bay and keep me feeling good too.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    LOL. What's the point of sex, without an orgasm?
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I've been a space cadet for most of my life. Primal hasn't changed that except I'm less foggy first thing in the morning. The good news is I can now blame my spaciness on advancing age. heh.

An orgasm a day is surely better than the proverbial apple.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Yep saying bye bye to grains cleared my head right up.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure how you would define mental clarity, but for me it started after drinking bulletproof coffee. I add a half tablespoon or so of butter to my coffee, blend it with a stick blender (seriously, one of your best friends ever. $40 at bed bath and beyond) then add some heavy cream.
    My god.
    It feels good going down and in 20 minutes, I'm bouncing off the walls. I'm happier (in part I know because I'm not going to be sluggish all day/did something good for myself) and less crabby. I'm more active around the house. For example, clutter for me is a problem and keeping a neat house is one of my resolutions this year. When I think about all the errands I have to today (go to the gym, then grocery shopping, then some laundry/cleaning at home), I don't get so bitchy about it. This is important to me.
    I wish my bf would try grain/wheat free. He did some gluten free stuff and felt good but then started having nasty diarrhea and stopped. It was happening for a couple of weeks before he quit so I'm not sure what was going on. I thought it might have been his system cleaning itself out, like it did when he moved in with me, but he didn't want to keep trying. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd appreciate a PM.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    LOL. What's the point of sex, without an orgasm?
    Ever since my hysterectomy, that's pretty much been my sentiment.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

RandyStimpson is offline Member
    Since I develop software for a living mental clarity is a must. Sleep is important and no cold medicines. But since you have ADHD you may need to get more Omega-3 in your diet than others (according to Dr Fuhrnam). Consider grinding flaxseed and adding to whatever you are eating. You could take a fish oil supplement but flaxseed is a whole food.

flaxseed vs fish oil.jpg

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Flaxseed's omega-3 is not very bioavailable.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast