Hi All,

I found out about Mark's site and his work through another forum I belong to when a thread started about 'getting healthy for the new year'. I'm so thankful I found this place! I'm amazed at the amount of great information in this community and all the encouragement people offer one another. I'm looking forward to a great year of working on my goals and getting healthy, fit, and finally breaking from CW.

I lost 45 lbs. about seven years ago following the South Beach Diet, but in about a year I gained all of it back and have been between 220 - 230 for the last two years. I'm just over 6' and hated the way I felt/looked, so about two months ago I started going back to limiting carbs in my diet and trying to eat more veggies - hardest thing of all for me. I have been eating a big salad nearly every day since I decided to commit to the change - more veggies than I've had in the last few years combined and it's not a chore to do.

I have been making progress, but about one month ago I found out about PB and it just 'clicked' with me more than any other health information I have ever read. I bought the latest version of Mark's book and have his cookbook on the way. I also bought a food journal today to keep track of what I'm eating. In just over two months, I have lost 17 lbs and can see the difference in how my clothes fit and how my face looks. I'm 207, and have a BMI of 25. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm more determined than I've ever been to get back to my goal weight of 175.

I'm looking forward to contributing and being a part of the community.

Grok on!

LerxstFan