Thread: Rookie from NH Getting Started on PB! page

LerxstFan is offline Junior Member

Rookie from NH Getting Started on PB!

Shop Now
    Hi All,

I found out about Mark's site and his work through another forum I belong to when a thread started about 'getting healthy for the new year'. I'm so thankful I found this place! I'm amazed at the amount of great information in this community and all the encouragement people offer one another. I'm looking forward to a great year of working on my goals and getting healthy, fit, and finally breaking from CW.

I lost 45 lbs. about seven years ago following the South Beach Diet, but in about a year I gained all of it back and have been between 220 - 230 for the last two years. I'm just over 6' and hated the way I felt/looked, so about two months ago I started going back to limiting carbs in my diet and trying to eat more veggies - hardest thing of all for me. I have been eating a big salad nearly every day since I decided to commit to the change - more veggies than I've had in the last few years combined and it's not a chore to do.

I have been making progress, but about one month ago I found out about PB and it just 'clicked' with me more than any other health information I have ever read. I bought the latest version of Mark's book and have his cookbook on the way. I also bought a food journal today to keep track of what I'm eating. In just over two months, I have lost 17 lbs and can see the difference in how my clothes fit and how my face looks. I'm 207, and have a BMI of 25. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm more determined than I've ever been to get back to my goal weight of 175.

I'm looking forward to contributing and being a part of the community.

Grok on!

LerxstFan

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    In 2 years of shopping cart voyeurism I've yet to see anyone I would suspect was primal/paleo. Maybe I'll run into you somewhere on the seacoast. I do miss being near a WholeFoods only because I liked stocking up when the meat/fish went on sale. Have not found any reasonable alternatives around here. Anyway, welcome aboard.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

LerxstFan is offline Junior Member
    Hi IvyBlue,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm just getting started, and so far enjoy the challenge of finding the bets food to keep me on track to achieving my goals. I shop at the Trader Joe's in Newington for some stuff. I also go to the Meat House in Stratham that has some great pasture fed beef and wild caught seafood - expensive, but really great stuff.

I love your take on wheat - truth right there!

Primal Tail is offline Junior Member
    Love to see people joining who are even remotely close to us! It always feels like everyone lives in the West!

Good luck!

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome. I'm new as well. Been doing this for less than a week. I live in NYC---though the west is awesome for the fresh farmed produce!! I'm jealous of that:0) Anyway, nice to have you on the journey.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    In 2 years of shopping cart voyeurism I've yet to see anyone I would suspect was primal/paleo.
    neither have i...even living in manchester where you would think a bigger variety of people shop.

@Lerxstfan...welcome to the forums and to primal.

quacklady71 is offline Junior Member
    Im originally from NYC as well...but I vacation at Lake Winnepesaukee in Wolfboro every summer....does that count ?
    currently in Naples Florida !
    Welcome fellow newbie and good luck !!