Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Find a Study page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cori, love the quote from Nora Gegaudas!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

JudyMac is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sadly bad science. Both papers refer to using polyunsaturates as a major form of fat...
    Then they decide to ignore the fact that fats delay the uptake of carbohydrate.
    Also the icing on the cake, the studies talked about 45%/ 60%/ 85% carbohydrate diets (Not Primal/Paleo), the study in 1971 referred to a 60% vegan diet. Back in 1971 that was a very different diet that todays vegan. The two studies should not be compared.

If I wanted to prove Primal bad for instance, I'd compare clean eating High carbers with people not fully adapted to fats/Primal/Paleo and eating mass produced meat products, and then take results in the cross over period from 7-13 days as the blood work would be bad then.

If I wanted to prove Primal to work...I'd show you my husbands bloodwork for the last 2 years. He is a diabetic (LADA) and we treated him via a diet and exercise regime...he now takes no medication (bye bye insulin and Prandin) and his doctor thinks that he is very fit and asks what we are doing.

I couldn't find out the funding source for the studies, which is normally a good giveaway for political agenda. I use the NHS database (UK).
    Last edited by JudyMac; 01-02-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12