Thread: New Years Newbie Here page

New Years Newbie Here

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi there everyone! I'm just starting my Primal journey today, along with a lot of other people, I'm sure. I started a journal here, but I figured I'd post a quick intro in this thread, too.

My name is Laura, and I'm an industrial engineer currently living in southeastern Virginia, though I grew up mostly in Rhode Island, went to college in Indiana (Go Irish!!!), and went to grad school in North Carolina. My health is kind of a long story (see the journal for the whole thing), but it left me with a half-paralyzed face, PCOS, and more than 50 lbs of extra weight. After a couple tries at Atkins over the past two years, both of which lasted about six months before I stalled out and got frustrated, I'm currently 178 lbs at 5'7" tall (my highest weight was almost 220). I'm excited to try the Primal Blueprint, since it's food I've always enjoyed on Atkins combined with a fitness plan that actually fits into my schedule. Wish me luck!

amycann is offline Junior Member
    I have pcos As well, this is my second time doing paleo. The first time was for an in depth nutrition class to prove to my professor that low fat was not they way to go. After all the good side effects from going paleo for three months, I decided it was worth it to make it my lifestyle.

MoodyGirl is offline Junior Member
    Hi Laura, Welcome to this new lifestyle! I started Primal Blueprint eating on July 1st, 2012. I weighed 191 lbs and am 5 foot 7 also.
    On January 1, 2013 I weighed 169 and have gone from a size 14 pants to size 10! I've been super happy with the weight loss, but also feel so much better! My arthritis in my back and hip has just about disappeared (except when I indulge in grains, which I did over the holiday), my allergies are better and I have been off my blood pressure meds for 4 months. I still haven't started the workout portion of the program - and I NEED to, and have seen amazing results with just the change in what I consume! Good luck and I hope to see lots of success stories from you! Jo-Anne

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome:0) I'm new as well!

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, I'm new as of yesterday
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)