Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 for 1 recipe: Crackers, Flat Bread, Tortillias page 3

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have now made the flatbreads with potato flour instead of potato starch. The ones with starch are denser, if that makes sense, although they taste the same. The texture was more bread-like with potato flour. I haven't made crackers yet, but I'm wondering if the crackers would be better with potato starch, while the flatbread is better with potato flour.

I will have to make a batch of crackers, half with potato starch, half with potato flour, and compare!

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I have now made the flatbreads with potato flour instead of potato starch. The ones with starch are denser, if that makes sense, although they taste the same. The texture was more bread-like with potato flour. I haven't made crackers yet, but I'm wondering if the crackers would be better with potato starch, while the flatbread is better with potato flour.

I will have to make a batch of crackers, half with potato starch, half with potato flour, and compare!
    Oh that WOULD be interesting! I wonder if the potato starch would yield the crackers more like melba toast?
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

wentworthwhile is offline Junior Member
    Hi Curlygirl! The link isnt working for me. Is it still available?

zerodogma is offline Junior Member
    Could someone repost the recipe - the blog link is no good.
    Thanks!

Elessar is offline Senior Member
    I love to see this recipe also...

Quote Originally Posted by zerodogma View Post
    Could someone repost the recipe - the blog link is no good.
    Thanks!
    "The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must follow, if I can." J.R.R. Tolkien

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Please, would someone that's made this before the link broke repost the recipe?

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    I missed the original post and am interested too. It seems CG hasn't been active since mid-2013 and I take it that her blog has been taken down. She was/is a gem. Perhaps if anyone knows the friends in her profile maybe they wd. have it.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Here it is!

Crackers
    Makes 4 "melba toast" sized crackers

1/8 cup coconut flour
    1/8 cup potato flour
    1/4 t salt (this WILL make your crackers quite salty. If you don't want them that salty, start with 1/8 tsp)
    ~1/4 cup water

1. Mix ingredients until you get moist dough. You should be able to shape it into a ball, into a pretzel. It should not be too dry or too runny.

2. Roll out and bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 for 15 minutes. Flip and bake another 15 minutes. If you need to, broil an additional 1-2 minutes to get it totally cracker like and cooked through.

Flat Bread
    Makes 4-6 slices

1/2 c coconut flour
    1/2 c potato flour
    1/2 t salt
    4 T oil
    ~1 cup water

1. Mix ingredients until you get moist dough. You should be able to shape it into a ball, into a pretzel. It should not be too dry or too runny.

2. Grease a skillet with oil and heat skillet on low heat. When warm, add bread. Fry on both sides - about 2 min. per side or until each side looks "done".

Tortillas
    Makes 4-6 tortillas

1. Same as flat bread above, but spray some plastic wrap with oil. Put dough ball between two pieces of greased wrap and roll with rolling pin until large and flat.

2. Follow directions for cooking flat bread.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Here it is!

Crackers
    Makes 4 "melba toast" sized crackers

1/8 cup coconut flour
    1/8 cup potato flour
    1/4 t salt (this WILL make your crackers quite salty. If you don't want them that salty, start with 1/8 tsp)
    ~1/4 cup water

2. Roll out and bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 for 15 minutes. Flip and bake another 15 minutes. If you need to, broil an additional 1-2 minutes to get it totally cracker like and cooked through.

Flat Bread
    Makes 4-6 slices

1/2 c coconut flour
    1/2 c potato flour
    1/2 t salt
    4 T oil
    ~1 cup water

2. Grease a skillet with oil and heat skillet on low heat. When warm, add bread. Fry on both sides - about 2 min. per side or until each side looks "done".

Tortillas
    Makes 4-6 tortillas

1. Same as flat bread above, but spray some plastic wrap with oil. Put dough ball between two pieces of greased wrap and roll with rolling pin until large and flat.

2. Follow directions for cooking flat bread.
    Thank you so much!

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Goldie. You're a gem, too. Hope all is well with CG.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123