Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Primal Journal - lpeppersauce page 4

Primal Fuel
    Another new low today! 168.6! That's 9.4 lbs down this year! I went for a long walk yesterday (~3 miles) and tonight is LHT night. I've been slacking off on my LHT for the past few weeks, but it's time to get back into it.
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 178.0 (1/1/2013)
    CW: 163.2
    GW: I'll know when I get there!

My Primal Journal

I stopped writing in here a couple months ago (mostly because I don't think anyone was reading it!), but I figured that it's probably time for an update.

I hit 164.2 this morning, for a total of 13.8 lbs down this year. I've been eating mostly Primal, though I've had some fits and starts in there. I've also lost about 4 inches off my hips. Though I haven't dropped a pants size yet, those magical shrinking pants have finally stopped shrinking and started to feel loose. I'm hoping another inch or two will get me into size 10s (I'm in 12s right now). I'm moving in August and I'm going to need to replace my pants before then. I'd really love to replace them with 10s.

I've been LHT only sporadically, mostly because my bellydancing schedule has gotten pretty busy. For instance, this week I had three hours on Monday night (my usual classes), an hour and a half tonight, and then another hour or so tomorrow night to prepare for a performance at a festival on Saturday. On Sunday, I have a couple hours of dress rehearsal and then a performance. After Sunday, though, the extra rehearsals go away for awhile, so hopefully I'll be back to LHT twice a week. Now that the weather has warmed up, I've been trying to walk for half an hour at lunchtime at least three times a week. I haven't had a lot of time for longer walks after work, but I think I'm making up for that with the extra dancing!

In other news, a lot of the stress and uncertainty about my future is gone, because I finally know where I'm going to be in the fall! I was accepted with full funding (tuition plus a stipend) at Virginia Tech for a PhD in Industrial Engineering, so that's where I'll be heading. The bad news: grad school is a significant pay cut (I'll get about a third of what I'm making now) and I'll be living about 4-5 hours from my BF. The good news: more unscheduled time during the day and a lot of walking and biking trails in the area. I've also been told that there's a great farmers' market there, so hopefully I'll have access to better produce than I do here. Not to mention the biggest plus of grad school: I'm doing something I actually like and I'm not stuck in a job I hate that makes me wake up at ungodly hours of the morning.

My Primal Journal

Since yesterday was my 4-month Primalversary, I took some pictures to compare to my "before" pictures from New Years. Seeing myself in the mirror every day, I haven't noticed too much of a change. But comparing the pictures, the difference is actually very noticeable. I have a ways to go still, but I'm pleased with my results so far.

4-Month Primalversary 1.jpg4-Month Primalversary 2.jpg

My Primal Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For the past month or so, I've been maintaining between 165 and 170 and staying at pretty much the same measurements. I can't really call this a plateau, because I have not been particularly strict with what I've eaten. Great that I can maintain without too much effort, but I want to lose a little more. As soon as I'm out of fruit and potatoes, I'm going back to meat, veggies, and a few nuts and berries for two weeks. No potatoes, no fruit other than strawberries (and those only because they're in season locally), nothing off-plan (especially popcorn, my biggest temptation). I've done this "back to basics" approach in the past when I've started to drift off the plan a little and my weight loss has stalled. Hopefully it helps this time. I expect to start on Sunday or Monday, depending on when the last of my fruit and potatoes is gone.

On a completely different note, I started taking a myo-inositol supplement last Friday at the recommendation of my reproductive endocrinologist. She said that it can have some of the same effects at metformin but without the unfortunate dietary side effects. Everything's screwed up right now because I'm having an early ToM (I forgot to take my bcp two days in a row), so I'm not certain if I'm noticing any effects or not. I had an odd burst of motivation and energy last night, but that could have been because I remembered to take my pill yesterday.

She's also prescribed a low dose of synthroid for me because my TSH numbers are a bit higher than she'd like. That's in the mail and should be here early next week. I'm going to hold off on starting it until the early ToM has ended and things have calmed down a little, so I can really evaluate its effects.

My Primal Journal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234