Thread: Live in Afghanistan, currently in Malaysia. What to bulk up on? page

afsjesse is offline Senior Member

Live in Afghanistan, currently in Malaysia. What to bulk up on?

Primal Fuel
    I'll keep this short! I'm in Malaysia, land of palm oil, coconut oil, etc.... I live and work in Kabul, Afghanistan. Good fats are hard to come by. Other than coconut and red palm oil. What else should I bulk up on to take back?

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Do you have access to goat products in Kabul? That's a source to keep in mind when you get home.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

janeygak is offline Junior Member
    afsjesse,

If you like to bake, you should bring back a bag of coconut flour and almond flour. Finest used to have those small bags of almond flour but I haven't seen them in months Also the coconut flours I've seen always have a bunch of other ingredients so I avoid them. Also real vanilla. Gah I hate those disgusting pakistani vanillas. I've used them a few times out of desperation and have regretted it each time. I would also consider bringing a small bag of palm sugar.

Other than that I would bring nice spices such as thyme because the spices here tend to be low quality. Oh and maybe some unsweetened coconut meat/concentrate. You can do so much with it!

I take it you are not at a camp but at a villa in which you have access to your own kitchen?

Althaur is offline Senior Member
    Jesse, if you have someone back in the states who can send you mail, I would suggest asking them to send you cans of coconut milk. My wife sends some to me every week out here and I use it to make protein shakes and in my coffee.

Josh