Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Bugeyed) page

Bugeyed is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (Bugeyed)

Primal Fuel
    Day 1.

It's early morning on New Year's Day, 2013, and I'm going to give this Primal Lifestyle thing a whirl.

Weight: 213.4#
    BP: 138/88
    Pulse: 66

Why: Need to get my life back on track. Am not sleeping well at night, but fall asleep after meals. Have constant heartburn, clothes don't fit, no energy, erratic libido, am irritable, have little motivation... well, you name it, I seem to be feeling it.

Plan: Diet and exercise, the Primal Blueprint way. Have created a simple Excel spreadsheet to track some key health statistics.

Embarrassing Photos:
    01-2013 Back Cropped.jpg01-2013 Front Cropped.jpg01-2013 Side Cropped.jpg

Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Bugeyed; 01-02-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Can I? is offline Junior Member
    So glad I read ur post, I'm in the same boat! Gonna start this thing today too! What is ur plan?

My plan is pretty basic:

First, throw out all the goodies and left-over high-carb holiday food in the house. I realize I'm too much like a dog; I'll eat because it's there, not because I'm hungry, and having cookies, candy, and cake in the house is akin to a loaded gun.

Second, simply get up off my butt and move. I've got an elliptical machine staring at me with dust on it, plus I'm fortunate to live in a place with beautiful scenery and weather, so simply walking out the front door and ambling down the block and back can be done easily.

Third, weigh myself daily and chart the results. For me, graphing my weight vs. day has been a motivator in the past, so I intend to do the same once again.

Finally, remind myself every morning that no matter how badly I want to get in shape, it's not going to happen unless I personally make it happen. Dropping weight and exercising aren't magically going to happen. I'm a big believer in the adage: The difference between what you have and what you want is what you do. I live the rest of my life by this creed; I simply have to apply it to my health.

JudyMac is offline Member
    Good Idea. When I first went low carb - getting the junk out of my house was a priority. I think it was the only time that I've wasted food.

Wednesday Morning
    Weight: 210.2
    BP: 138/88
    Pulse: 57
    Diet: Ate pretty well yesterday, though it was tough being around my wife and son as they had sandwiches and tortillas for meals. My one indulgence was a spoonful of peanut butter in the evening.
    Exercise: 30 minutes on elliptical, followed by 1-mile walk.

quacklady71 is offline Junior Member
    sounds good so far !! I am in the same boat..... all of the junk has been thrown away/given away.
    Hardest part for me will be hubby who eats everything bad in life....

Thursday Morning
    Weight: 207.8
    BP: 150/83
    Diet: First full day back at work after the holidays, and it was surprisingly easy to not be tempted by junk food. Like yesterday, my one indulgence was a big spoonful of peanut butter in the evening.
    Exercise: Lifted weights with wife in morning; went for 1.5 mile walk at lunchtime.
    Other: slept through the night for the first time in what seems like months. Am a little concerned with my blood pressure going up here on the third day, but I'll wait for a few days of consistently high numbers before I start to worry too much.

Friday Morning
    Weight: 208
    BP: 136/80
    Diet: Ate well again yesterday, but had too heavy of a meal last night.
    Exercise: Elliptical machine for 30 minutes, 1/2-mile walk with wife in morning, 1.5-mile walk at lunch at work.
    Other: Today is going to be challenging; Friday's are typically our pizza night a home, so I'm not sure what the plan is. Also, Friday mornings at work usually have someone bringing in a big box of donuts, which are a huge weakness for me. Grant me strength...

Saturday Morning
    Didn't do too well yesterday, slipping off the plan already just four days into the process. The "excuse" was that it's Friday, donuts are in the breakroom, etc... Arghg. Feel bad/tired again this morning. Don't know why I sabotaged myself yesterday, but it's back on the straight and narrow today.

Tuesday Morning
    Weight: 208.6
    BP:143/83
    Diet: Ate really poorly on Saturday and Sunday due to some significant stress and strife in the household. Son got mugged at gunpoint late Friday night, so the weekend was fully of cops, insurance, etc. Don't know why I resort to comfort foods in times of stress, but I do and I did. Sigh. That's the bad news. The good news I did an IF from Sunday night to Monday noon-time, and got seriously back on the straight and narrow.
    Exercise: Didn't exercise a whit this weekend, either, but Monday I got on the elliptical machine, lifted some weights, and walked at lunchtime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast