Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Bugeyed) page 2

Bugeyed is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thursday Morning
    Weight: 207.8
    BP: 140/82
    Diet: I'm doing just OK, usually starting out strong in the mornings, but really tempted by evilness sometime in the later afternoon. It feels like I simply have to get over a hump in my thinking.
    Exercise: I'm pretty well on this front, with walks every day, some lifting, and some light aerobic every other day.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year and welcome.

Firstly well doen for making this lifestyle change.
    Secondly I wouldnt call the pics embarassing. There is good width to your shoulders. Your legs look strong. Your back has definition down the middle and even form the front you can see Lats tapering in.

Iv always classed my diet as good. I have decided to tweak it and go from 6 feedings to 4 and up my fat. I am trialling it out before I alter the diets of my clients (they seem to like small regualr feedings, but we can always be more efficient right). Eat a snack with lovely fats in it and this should keep you going later in the day.

Do not stress about food choices (your BP will show this). Its not a failure. It shows you need to put something in place to nibble on when stressed, or when the 'Its friday' feeling arises. Its a good thing, learn from it and you'll be fine. This is a life journey, those learning experiences are mere bumps on the road. Slow down, go voer them, and keep on going.

I really hope your son is ok!!

Your doing great.

Richard
    Last edited by Richardmac; 01-10-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Thanks, Richard. Your words of encouragement help. Cheers!
    -bug
    PS. Son is doing fine. He went through the whole what-could-I-have-done-differently second thoughts things, but I think he's come back to realizing that just handing over the money and valuables is far less painful than getting shot. Crazy world we live in....

In the middle of my first week-long biz trip since starting the primal diet/lifestyle method. I've been good so far, but tonight's big group dinner might be a struggle. Any suggestions to remain strong in the face of beer, empty carbs, and desserts?

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Eat a healthy snack before the gathering and get a drink in your hand ( just water) as soon as you arrive. When others press you to eat or drink something just explain that you are thirsty and assure them that you will in a bit. Socialize and that s all people will remember. See how long you can delay the snack food or a beer. You may surprise yourself and find it easier and more fun than you thought. Leave early if you loose your resolve.

Good advice, Mud. Thanks.

Saturday Morning
    Weight: 206.4
    BP: 136/82
    Diet: Had a long, tough biz-trip week, with long days, late nights, and very little exercise. That said, I do feel like I did OK on the diet front. Mornings in the hotel restaurant I passed up the breakfast buffet in favor of an a'la carte 3-egg omelet. Lunches were a mixed bag, as they were provided by the firm I was visiting; but I did forgo deserts and minimized the amount of empty white carbs. Dinners, as expected, were the tough meal, as we went out as a group a few times, and there was plenty of beer and appetizers to resist. I won't say I was perfect, but I did try to do minimal damage. Amazingly, I actually lost a pound overall during the 4-days I was gone.
    Exercise: I did really poorly on this front. The only exercise I got in was a morning and evening 1/2-mile walk to/from the office.

Sunday Morning
    Weight 207#
    BP: 120/75
    Diet: Started out really well yesterday, but my wife made oven-toasted tortillas and I broke down and had a couple. On the other hand, my BP is way down this morning, which I can't really explain.
    Exercise: Worked outside on a small home construction project I've got going, but otherwise sat on my butt most of the day. Argh.

Thursday Morning
    Weight 206.2
    BP: 132/78
    Diet: Have been eating pretty well all week long. Toughest time of the day, however, is evenings when I get home and my wife makes a skillet of hashbrowns. Sigh.
    Exercise: Am walking and working out quite regularly.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    One way to keep track of your eating more consciously would be to post everything you are eating here. I do that in order to stay accountable. At my weakest points I tell myself "If I eat this people will see it". It's a matter of being proud of everything that you eat.

As you ease into your first few weeks of paleo a great solution for the need to snack is to eat a full meal. Prep a full high protein high fat meal that you can have on hand. It'll help keep you satiated and help you transition out of sugar (and carbohydrate addiction) and stop you from giving in (as you mentioned with the tortillas a few posts back). Once you fall otu of love with sugar you can learn to fall in love with healthy sugars in fruit all over again. Hope you don't mind but I hit "Subscribe" on your thread so I can keep track of you. Best of luck buddy!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast