Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxing/Strength workout and diet - give me your thoughts! page 2

wyattgra is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Awesome - I'll definitely be able to take some meal and structure ideas.

A couple of questions:
    - do you portion control at all or just eat until you are content?
    - are you dinner's large?
    - do you ever do a carb refeed? Due to the amount and intensity of my training I am considering this
    - if you comfortable sharing, what does your body fat % sit at on this lifestyle?

Cwick is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wyattgra View Post
    Awesome - I'll definitely be able to take some meal and structure ideas.

A couple of questions:
    - do you portion control at all or just eat until you are content?
    - are you dinner's large?
    - do you ever do a carb refeed? Due to the amount and intensity of my training I am considering this
    - if you comfortable sharing, what does your body fat % sit at on this lifestyle?
    1. I do portion control, not that it is healthier to do so, I just do it to stay lean. By portion control I try to keep meat at 4oz, nuts never over 30g, avocado to 1/4 of the avocado, Greek yogurt a cup, I just eat as many veggies as I want. I just don't eat carrots or high sugar fruits and veggies.

2. My dinners are usually a 4-6oz piece of meat, a variety of veggies.

3. I don't have scheduled carb refeeds. The Glutamine is keeping me in check with this. If I do have a starch it's butternut/spaghetti squash or purple sweet Potatoe, I have squash once or twice a week and sweet potatoes maybe once a month. But it is a good idea to carb refeed, especially to put on size fast.

4. My BF has been sitting around 7 for a few months, 8 is probably my norm.

An inspiration to hear you are maintaining that body fat % with this diet, awesome!

Time to ease up on the avocado I have been slamming that on everything for flavour. I will also substitute carrots out and add more to my breakfast - include mushrooms perhaps.
    I will lower meat portions and fill up on veggies. I eat onion most nights - that ok? What vegies do you smash to fill up? Leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce I imagine?
    Looking forward to starting the glutamine

Cwick is offline Junior Member
    I eat a lot of: broccoli, cauliflower, onions, zucchini, romaine
    Some: kale, mushrooms, peppers, tomato, asparagus, spaghetti/butternut squash

The best advice is to get creative with dressings for salads. Red wine/balsamic vinegars, lime juice, lemon juice, mustards, oils, etc. this with a piece of protein, a little avocado, sometimes some cottage cheese, salsa, etc make salads awesome and not boring. Any other questions as far as dieting or training shoot me a pm, would love to help you meet your goals.

PrimalCon New York
    Will do - I will make some adjustments and reach out when I need to. Thanks for the direction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12