Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CalicoGal's 174 day transformation page 2

CalicoGal is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay the husband is back onboard and is doing an almost atkins but still doesn't understand why he can't just limit the bad things and lose weight. So I am down another pound! Its 218 today and I will be retaking measurements tomorrow. I made some awesome salmon cakes from canned salmon and then made a great curry with leftover pork tonight with a side of chard and kale. I love finding easy recipes that both my husband and I love. I ate scrambled eggs and green beans this morning for lunchfest and along with my coffee was good until dinner hungerwise. So 13lbsI so far for the month of January. I'd like to lose another 3 before the end of the month to make it to 215. We shall see. Thanks.

Now 211. I am at 20lbs lost!! Going to try to challenge myself. 11lbs in 11 days. that way I can be 200 by March. OH also on the size front I am a size 14 now (still have a muffin top, but the jeans FIT!!) down from a size 18/20 in January.

Feb 21 Update, Patterns emerging?

210.2 I also forgot to mention that I have lost 12 inches total. Yay. I did a tiny bit of exercise yesterday ( like 10 min-before baby woke back up). I want to start training for a 5k again. So I will need to plug the treadmill back in. Food Routine right now:

Drink coffee (black) -am
    eat brunch between 1-2:30
    usually eggs and bacon with veggies
    Eat dinner between 6-7:30
    Snacks can be 3-4 oz nuts (mixed) or carrots. I have been trying to avoid nuts and dairy as they seem to make me itchier. Also super processed meats I am worried about too, got rid of alot of cupboard stuff the other day when I saw how much had MSG in it.

I went back and noticed the days I lost alot of weight( like a pound every day) I had my bacon and eggs followed by a good salad with chicken, avocado, olives, and tomatoes with a little bit of olive oil and vinegar. Aslo, I need to write down what I am eating more. its harder to see patterns if I am not writing everything down. I am not sure I am getting enough fats on the days I don't lose weight...Will make sure to get a good amount of fat today and see what the scale says tomorrow.

Today I had
    Coffee
    Bacon and eggs
    Romaine and Spinach salad with olives, tomato, avocado, and diced chicken

Its 10:10pm Do you know where your cravings are?
    Mine aren't bothering me yet.

Supplements/medications I take on a daily basis:

Mason Natural Advanced D3 1250% of DV
    Meijer Century Omega-3 EPA/DHA 512mg/200mg
    Nature's Way Alive! Womens Energy Multi vitamin

Low dose birth control
    Allegra (generic)
    Last edited by CalicoGal; 02-22-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: forgot some details

I want NUTS!!

208.8 pounds. Had a big salad for lunch then had roasted lemon chicken with roasted carrots. I had 4 squares of white chocolate. Feel like I had a good day. Hoping to break into 100's soon.

Lady Blues, cheating, and revelations

broke the mini plateau--> 207.2
    I had a bad week, starting when You-know-what came to visit. I have noticed when my hormones go bonkers, I look to food for the emotional support. When I feel inadequate, I can eat something sweet or salty and distract myself for the moment, in the tasty treat. Right now, I am trying and having some small success in using carrots when I get hit with the munchies (I keep whole organic ones in the fridge so I have to peel them, I cant just blindly indulge).

I started by cheating a little and when the weight went WAY up (211) I hit bottom and cheated again. It didn't help I had bought 2 of the new Uber LaraBars to "try". My husband is doing really well with occassional cheat meals ( grilled KFC, mcD's, etc--funny we tried Chinese the one day, and his usual order ( sweet and sour chicken with shrimp fried rice) totally tore him up). As long as I watch my calories, it doesn't slow me too much ( as long as I could stick to less then a serving of my chocolate). My problem is I have a hard time staying away from those things after I give in once. Also, nuts are still really hard for me to regulate. I think I would rather just have some frozen or fresh berries and cream. Again, I am thinking that its the refined sugars that really hate me. Dairy isn't so bad, probably because of the fat content. Best option? Don't buy it when it will make you feel bad for eating it. Also, I find the munchies kick in bad for me at night after 11:30p, so I don't stay up that late anymore.

I tried some primal exercises last night. Some squats some kettlebell swings, planks, and push ups. Then I did some light jogging around the house. I am sore!
    I bought some new jeans and shoes. I was feeling pretty crappie when I was trying on clothes. I have lost 24 pounds and ~18 inches total, but its not enough to really make my shape different. I can squeeze into my size 14's but its not a good fit. My arms are still too flabby for most size jackets too. BUT! I feel better and I know it will take a little while for my body to lose the weight. I figure I had better start exercising more (hence yesterdays workout). I think I will change my attitude about exercise. If I don't like the way I look, then I can do 2 positive things.
    1. Make sure I eat right
    2. Move around more

I also am realizing that the first time through I really skimmed Mark's book, so I am rereading it, so I can answer questions about Why and How better. Anywho, Bedtime!!

205.2 Yay! I had a hard week of bouncing up and down and that got me demoralized but I am back to my normal self.

205.00 after seriously going off track last night. I felt so gross. I really felt my heart race and just sick and nauseated for a couple hours. I will never do that again. Memo to Self, always bring a dish I can eat or eat first. I went last minute so I didn't have time to eat or prepare anything...stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast