Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Dr. Kurt Harris abandoned the paleo community because we're crazy. page

Timthetaco Guest

I think Dr. Kurt Harris abandoned the paleo community because we're crazy.

Primal Fuel

What do you think?

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    I don't know alot about him but there are some crazy paleo people.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I think he just got more jollies being a jerk in comments on the various blogs out there than writing new posts on his blog. What bugs me is how he deleted so many of his old blog posts. I think he just went crazy all on his own.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post

What do you think?
    I think he just did a lot more reading and decided he was wrong about a lot of things he believed in.
    Is that Don matesz in your av?

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Is that Don matesz in your av?
    Yeah, I put his picture into one of those ASCII generators. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i don't blame kurt harris. you write a lot, you have that early exuberance... but you make the mistake of keeping an open mind! plus then you have to combat all the absolute bullshit science that people bandy about in the paleosphere, and that just gets tiring. how many times do you want to argue the fucking insulin hypothesis of obesity before you're just over it?! you get cynical. i wish he'd go back to writing, occasionally, but i almost respect him more for saying 'fuck it.'

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I often feel embarrassed to say I eat paleo in some circles because of the crazy crap that floats around out there. I've sort of gotten tired of the associations that go with the name (low carb fanaticism, caveman recreationists, etc.) and so I don't use the label in conversation. I'm not all that surprised that he did the same, and after the shit he took for stating that he felt some starches were safe to eat (horrors!) I kind of get why he's pushed back.

Also, he kind of always was a little bit of a jerk in his writing style, but people didn't mind that as long as he was saying stuff they agreed with. As soon as he turned away from the insulin hypothesis, then people decided that blunt honesty from someone who wasn't scared to tell it like he saw it was now an offensive trait rather than an admirable one.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I often feel embarrassed to say I eat paleo in some circles because of the crazy crap that floats around out there. I've sort of gotten tired of the associations that go with the name (low carb fanaticism, caveman recreationists, etc.) and so I don't use the label in conversation.
    oh man do i agree! i'll still use the label sometimes, cause i feel like at least the name recognition doesn't make me sound as far out as saying, "hunter gatherer diet," but there's a whole lot of crap to clear up if people start asking questions. my quick way to explain my choices is to say that i don't eat wheat or vegetable oil. that takes care of it, in short hand most of the time.

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    plus then you have to combat all the absolute bullshit science that people bandy about in the paleosphere, and that just gets tiring. how many times do you want to argue the fucking insulin hypothesis of obesity before you're just over it?!
    I think that's an important point, especially if you're a doctor or a scientist. This community despises both (unless they agree that Gary Taubes solved the mysteries of the universe). Look what happens to Stephan Guyenet for... existing, and disagreeing with the insulin HYPOTHESIS: Hyperlipid: Insulin: Are you hungry? Part 2

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yup... peter at hyperlipid - i call emperor's new clothes. does anyone really know what the fuck he's talking about, all of the time? small fraction of the time at best...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast