Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Dr. Kurt Harris abandoned the paleo community because we're crazy. page 6

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Thrive Market
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I sure did. It was pretty obvious.

anna5, English is not your first language, and it is extremely arrogant of you to lecture native speakers on grammar or word usage. You are incorrect. Also, your obsession with Jews and Nazis is just plain annoying. Ron Paul may be wacko about some things but he is not a Neo-Nazi.
    Haha, thanks for backing me up! I'm gonna stay away from this Nazi thing though...

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Let me guess... Ron Paul is a "sicko" because he doesn't believe in taking money from poor people in the US to give to rich people in other countries, such as Israel, to keep the warfare state going? Yeah, not wanting to live in a constant state of war, violence, coercion, theft, and tyranny is really sick, man!

Is Obama and all the other politicians neo-nazis who give funding to Palestine and all the enemies of our "friends"?
    Last edited by j3nn; 01-04-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    godwin's law.
    dammit jakey, i wanted to call it!

*huff*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Timthetaco Guest
    I liked my thread before Anna ruined it.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Well... I am not surprised to see old friends here.
    And predictably, you are wrong, Uncephalized, which of course doesn't matter, since you are here not in search of truth. Predictably and obviously.
    Hmm, OK.. let's see what you have to say then...

- English is my 7th language
    So we agree that, as I said and as you quoted, "English is not your first language". So far so good.

- I didn't mention grammar (check my comments and your imagination)
    See, in the sentence where I called you extremely arrogant, I used the word "or" to express the idea that if you had indeed attacked a native English speaker on grammar, that would have been similarly stupid of you. In no way did I express or imply the notion that you did both of those things. See, here's yet another example of why debating people in a language in which you lack fluency is a bad idea. It makes you look stupid, and even stupider when you double down on your mistakes instead of simply acknowledging your error, apologizing if necessary, and moving on.

- certain concepts are universal and have the same or similar usage in many languages
    And in many of those cases, there are secondary meanings or implications of words that are grasped immediately and transparently by native speakers but which are opaque to non-fluents, until they are explained. Congratulations--you just learned something. Or at least you would have, if you weren't too busy trying to "teach" everyone a subject you don't understand yourself.

- it's highly probable that I know more about languages more than Kata (whom I teased more than fought)
    I don't care how much you know about languages in general, or how many languages you know. Your English is passable, but far from fluent. Any native English speaker could tell you this. And yet you deign to lecture us on the subject--but you have it backwards. You should be deferring to Kata (and anyone else who writes above a high school level) on matters concerning English usage, because they are more expert than you are. Get over it.

- "Jews and Nazis" are not my obsession, but Jewish history and antisemitism are some of the areas of my expertise and it means that I have all the qualifications and tools to decide who is or isn't an antisemite. I apologized for not asking your permission when I chose the subjects. And yes, Ron Paul is a sicko.
    Ron Paul may be an antisemite, although I am inclined to doubt it based on what I've read. I know he is anti-Israel, which of course is not the same thing, as it is possible to hold an opinion regarding a country, its origins, existence and actions, without any particular opinion on the religion or ethnic background of its people. I understand that it's fashionable to conflate the two, especially in the case of Israel, where even mild criticism is typically shouted down by various groups as "virulent antisemitic rhetoric", but this is grandstanding ideology, not reasoned debate. I can also see how his comments regarding US involvement in World War II might lead one to the same charge--but of course this is consistent with his general non-interventionist views on foreign policy, which have nothing to do with race or religion. So it is nonsensical to claim this is evidence of antisemitism, even if the idea that the US should have stayed out of WWII is a monumentally idiotic one.

Finally, even if Ron Paul is an antisemite, that still doesn't make him a Neo-Nazi, which is what you originally called him, and the term I objected to in the first place. That you won't defend a consistent position is your failure, not mine.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Sorry, I'm contributing, I'll try and stop. She's a very tempting troll though...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for confirming my main point that there is a serious problem. Now, excuse me.
    And leaders will have to address it.
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 03:28 PM.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Let me guess... Ron Paul is a "sicko" because he doesn't believe in taking money from poor people in the US to give to rich people in other countries, such as Israel, to keep the warfare state going? Yeah, not wanting to live in a constant state of war, violence, coercion, theft, and tyranny is really sick, man!

Is Obama and all the other politicians neo-nazis who give funding to Palestine and all the enemies of our "friends"?
    Illiterate primitive bigoted demagoguery.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    7th language = 7 chances to say something truthful: Failure x7
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    I agree but wasn't the original title of the thread ".....Because We're Crazy?"

Just sayin' this kind of proves your point.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast