Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86

Thread: I think Dr. Kurt Harris abandoned the paleo community because we're crazy. page 5

  1. #41
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    4,040
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    Early modern humans' brains were, on average, larger than ours.
    Larger brains, larger bodies and less intelligence, if we are talking about the Neanderthals...

  2. #42
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,810
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    even though i don't agree with JS or neckhammer on this one, i'd like to thank neckhammer for bringing this back from weird anna5 drama. cheers.
    lol...I only got to JS and didn't realize he was talking to you really. Honestly I just really enjoy Peter's blog....probably because its at just the right level of over my head to be quite challenging yet interesting. That and because it affirms my beliefs and I'm insecure like that . Nah, I read Stephen too. I hadn't read this new one by Peter yet though. Looks like he's getting involved with the drama, which really sucks. Ah well, apparently this is how academics battle these days.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.

  3. #43
    anna5's Avatar
    anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    346
    Yeah, liking Ron Paul isn't weird. Just normal. Yeah, what not to like there?
    Jakey is back to himself - labeling and posturing.
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 01:47 PM.

  4. #44
    anna5's Avatar
    anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    346
    Of course, Gorbag, I had intelligence in mind.
    Why are we so interested in reducing our modern?
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 01:52 PM.

  5. #45
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    4,040
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Of course, Gorbag, I had intelligence in mind.
    Why are we so interested in reducing our modern?
    I am not longer sure that they were larger either, stronger yes, as also the Gorillas are much stronger than humans. According to wikipedia: "They were much stronger than modern humans, having particularly strong arms and hands.[10] Males stood 164–168 cm (65–66 in) and females about 152–156 cm (60–61 in) tall."[11]


  6. #46
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,810
    Looks like the good times couldn't last.

  7. #47
    Uncephalized's Avatar
    Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    In the context of this forum, using a term like modern isn't jargon. In fact, it's not really jargon at all. I'm sure everyone else that read it knew exactly what I meant, especially considering that we were talking about primal brain size.
    I sure did. It was pretty obvious.

    anna5, English is not your first language, and it is extremely arrogant of you to lecture native speakers on grammar or word usage. You are incorrect. Also, your obsession with Jews and Nazis is just plain annoying. Ron Paul may be wacko about some things but he is not a Neo-Nazi.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

    My Primal Journal

  8. #48
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    4,040
    From the viewpoint of the specie; no reason to use expensive energy to develop excessive intelligence if you already are very strong! The development of human intelligence is to overcompensate for not being sufficient strong, and to outfox stronger animals by cooperating in groups using brain power instead of brute force…

  9. #49
    anna5's Avatar
    anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I sure did. It was pretty obvious.

    anna5, English is not your first language, and it is extremely arrogant of you to lecture native speakers on grammar or word usage. You are incorrect. Also, your obsession with Jews and Nazis is just plain annoying. Ron Paul may be wacko about some things but he is not a Neo-Nazi.
    Well... I am not surprised to see old friends here.
    And predictably, you are wrong, Uncephalized, which of course doesn't matter, since you are here not in search of truth. Predictably and obviously.
    - English is my 7th language
    - I didn't mention grammar (check my comments and your imagination)
    - certain concepts are universal and have the same or similar usage in many languages
    - it's highly probable that I know more about languages more than Kata (whom I teased more than fought - I had no reason to fight him/her)
    - "Jews and Nazis" are not my obsession, but Jewish history and antisemitism are some of the areas of my expertise and it means that I have all the qualifications and tools to decide who is or isn't an antisemite. I apologized for not asking your permission when I chose the subjects. And yes, Ron Paul is a sicko.
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 02:58 PM.

  10. #50
    Kata's Avatar
    Kata is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    307
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Larger brains, larger bodies and less intelligence, if we are talking about the Neanderthals...
    Neanderthals are classified as archaic humans. Their brains were larger than ours, but they seem to have been wired differently, based on the shape of the brain case.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •