Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Dr. Kurt Harris abandoned the paleo community because we're crazy. page 4

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh well....
    Enough for today.
    Moderns lived 200 000 years ago (where's history?), Ron Paul is an angel, calling neo-Nazis "neo-Nazis" is a "law," etc.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Oh well....
    Enough for today.
    Moderns lived 200 000 years ago (where's history?), Ron Paul is an angel, calling neo-Nazis "neo-Nazis" is a "law," etc.
    ........ what?

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think her brain chemistry is incorrect, actually.
    Yeah, this isn't a sick accusation. Sure. OK, ladies and gentlemen. We have the "brain" answer.
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think her brain chemistry is incorrect, actually.
    I think you may be on to something.

Anna, here is my suggestion to you before you continue posting on this forum. Go to a public library and check out a college textbook about biological anthropology. I recommend "Our Origins" by Clark Spencer Larsen. Read it in its entirety, and if you still have any questions, I'd be delighted to help. But if you're going to be on this forum, you need to have at least a basic understanding of human biology and history, or nothing anyone posts here will make any sense to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    Anna, here is my suggestion to you before you continue posting on this forum. Go to a public library and check out a college textbook about biological anthropology. I recommend "Our Origins" by Clark Spencer Larsen. Read it in its entirety, and if you still have any questions, I'd be delighted to help. But if you're going to be on this forum, you need to have at least a basic understanding of human biology and history, or nothing anyone posts here will make any sense to you.
    Kata, I suggest you take your suggestions somewhere else. I'll do it slowly, slowly, slowly: words, including "modern" have meanings and you can't use jargon in neutral context. This forum also talks about Whole Foods and neo-Nazis, including Ron Paul. I can't assure you that you can't participate in modern, modern forum without basic education. So, go to a library, go to some school, etc. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Kata, I suggest you take your suggestions somewhere else. I'll do it slowly, slowly, slowly: words, including "modern" have meanings and you can't use jargon in neutral context. This forum also talks about Whole Foods and neo-Nazis, including Ron Paul. I can't assure you that you can't participate in modern, modern forum without basic education. So, go to a library, go to some school, etc. Please.
    In the context of this forum, using a term like modern isn't jargon. In fact, it's not really jargon at all. I'm sure everyone else that read it knew exactly what I meant, especially considering that we were talking about primal brain size.

So, why don't you check dictionaries?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Stanton View Post
    It took me about six months of research before I felt I understood Peter. That doesn't mean I always agree with his conclusions, but I have the utmost respect for him and for his work.

I will be blunt: Anyone who even thinks about calling "emperor's new clothes" on Peter has no intellectual standing to be giving out dietary advice - let alone calling anyone out for lack of knowledge.

You're not the only one, though. People think they understand Stephan but not Peter: what that really means is that they don't understand either of them. Stephan's pronouncements are simple and easy to digest - but they usually fall apart under scientific scrutiny, because obesity research is a political field, not a scientific one. In contrast, Peter's work presupposes a knowledge of biochemistry and a basic familiarity with the literature, and is more difficult for the layman to follow - but it's based on science, not politics, and therefore holds up under examination. He's also much more honest about labeling his opinions and speculations as such, vs. camouflaging them under the authority of a "scientific consensus" that doesn't exist.
    +1

jakey is offline Senior Member
    even though i don't agree with JS or neckhammer on this one, i'd like to thank neckhammer for bringing this back from weird anna5 drama. cheers.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast