Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Dr. Kurt Harris abandoned the paleo community because we're crazy. page 3

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    The only obvious thing about that statement is that the author likes to make wild accusations on the interwebs.
    Well, I was joking. What is obvious to me, clearly isn't obvious to you.
    If Dr. Paul is unhappy with my "accusations," he is welcomed to sue me. What follows could be actually fun.
    dr anna
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    godwin's law.
    Yeah, life is simple when one lives an easy life of platitudes and cliches. The last time I checked, Hitler wasn't mentioned. And yes, we don't have neo-Nazi camps filled with illiterate geeks, including Paulists in Southern California and elsewhere. Sure.
    Can we really be sure that primal diet doesn't shrink people's brains to ... primal size?
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    Yeah, life is simple. We don't have neo-Nazi camps fully staffed by illiterate geeks in Southern California and elsewhere. Sure.
    Can we really be sure that primal diet doesn't shrink people's brains to ... primal size?
    Early modern humans' brains were, on average, larger than ours. So, yes, we can be sure.

And what is "early modern?" The 15th century? Turn of the last century? What? What? What?
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 12:26 PM.

No. The term "early modern human" refers to the first recognizable members of the species Homo sapiens, who appeared about 150,000 to 200,000 years ago. In comparison, the 15th century was about 10 seconds ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    No. The term "early modern human" refers to the first recognizable members of the species Homo sapiens, who appeared about 150,000 to 200,000 years ago. In comparison, the 15th century was about 10 seconds ago.
    Well ...according to Wiki, early modern humans lived in the 15th century.
    "Modernity typically refers to an historical era, roughly defined as a post-traditional or[clarification needed] post-medieval period beginning Renaissance (ca. 14th–17th Centuries), characterized by a move from feudalism (or agrarianism) toward capitalism, industrialization, secularization, rationalization, the nation-state and its constituent institutions and forms of surveillance."
    I am pretty sure that many in artistic circles think that early modern humans lived at the beginning of the 20th century.
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 12:40 PM.

You're talking about a cultural and artistic era, not an biological one. In anthropology, we use the term "modern" or "anatomically modern human" to describe us and early members of our species, as opposed to "archaic" humans like Neanderthals and Floresiensis who were earlier species that didn't survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    You're talking about a cultural and artistic era, not an biological one. In anthropology, we use the term "modern" or "anatomically modern human" to describe us and early members of our species, as opposed to "archaic" humans like Neanderthals and Floresiensis who were earlier species that didn't survive.
    I know what I talking about, or rather what point I am making. I am not an anthropologist and a phrase "an early modern human ate 200 000 years ago, for example, ... whatever" sounds weird.
    Last edited by anna5; 01-04-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Your point is invalid because your premise is incorrect.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think her brain chemistry is incorrect, actually.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast