Thread: Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Peristalis Working page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Peristalis Working

Primal Fuel
    Happy New Year to all you wonderful people. What a great site this is, wtih all the knowledgable, helpful, supportive people.

No more non-functioning colon. After 7 weeks of this diet it started all by itself and it works like a hydraulic auger wtih a sledge hammer at the end. Ooooooh!

Here I was afraid that Iwas too old for simply a change of foods to have any effect. My miraid problems were getting so severe Ithought I'd rather die than live as I had been. Maybe it works at any age. Not only that, but I'm still gaining strength - I can do some simple stretches and the pain from my arthritic hip is gone - totally gone. (There is still some lack of mobility there.) All at once this all happened. Absolutely Fantastic!

But now I have another problem. Severe constipation. It took 3 hours and some blood.
    I read through back threads on this and came up with the following, which I bought. Did I get the right ones?

C (as ascorbic acid) and Magnesium Citrate - increase until solved.
    Kefir and Yogurt - but it is also said no dairy. Does no dairy mean only no cheese? "Cheese is binding" is an old-fashioned homily.
    D3. I got 2000iu RAW from Vitamin Code.Kept Refrigerated.
    Chocolate and fruits, especially prunes. (But dried fruits are not good - don't understand?) Dried apricots work well for me, but I went to 3 stores, one was Costco which always has them, and none had them.

Unfortunately right now I'm on an antibotic for an infected implant, so maybe i'll have to wait 10 days or so for the resutls to show.

With such success I'm going to be primal for life. Thanks to all of you and Mark Sisson.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Most dried fruits are not good because they contain preservatives, and since the water content has been removed out of them, they are very very sweet. People also tend to eat dried fruits freely too, thinking they're healthy, and it's so ridiculously easy to eat an entire pouch of yummy dried apricots for me. Prunes are sweet too, but they contain a compound that gives a laxative effect, so it helps with constipation.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

OK For now I'll put up with some preservatives. For me, apricots work better than prunes, but I'll eat both. Thank you.

We have 2 peach, 2 apricot, 1 fig, 1 grapefruit, 1 orange, 1 lemon, 2 avacado trees, 1 pomegranite and 1 mandarin. We dry and freeze the peaches and apricots at home. It's so simple. You wash them, cut them in half, take the pit out and dip the cut part in lemon juice. Then you dry them overnight. In the morning you put them in a freezer bag. They contain more water than the commercial kind so they need to be frozen. And they are delicious. BUT - this year the peaches got peach-leaf-curl and bark eating ants. We had to fungicide them. They bore a crop but it can't be eaten. It's really poisioness. And we couldn't save 1 peach and 1 apricot. So they're gone and can't be replanted for a year.

I'm going to try some herbs in their place.

Next year we're going to try drying some oranges and mandarins.

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    You might also try more fat in your diet, especially coconut oil. And coconut flesh. Eating them as macaroons is a delightful way to soften up your poop.
    And, consider squatting when eliminating. This can make the mechanics easier until the consistency works itself out.
    Don't forget staying hydrated. It is basic, but sometimes we forgot the simplest things.

Really! I love macarrons. I could eat a box a day. But don't they contain flour?

Sorry but my knees and hips don't squat. However, I have a footstool infront of each toilet and it has almost the same effect. I tried the benefits of squating in Turkey and Egypt, and they're very real. Just not fully possible now for me.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Not cookies crypto. Oil.

Coconut OIL. Use it for sautéing things in. It's wonderful.

Also, use canned coconut milk in marinades, sauces, and as a dairy replacement. Go for the FULL fat kind too.

Use more tallow, lard, and butter too. Eat fatty meats, don't trim the fat.

High quality extra virgin olive oil for dressings, uncooked sauces, and marinades.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Yes, coconut works for me too

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Well, you have to make a primal version. There are several different recipes on the recipe thread. See which one you like best.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    We have 2 peach, 2 apricot, 1 fig, 1 grapefruit, 1 orange, 1 lemon, 2 avacado trees, 1 pomegranite and 1 mandarin. We dry and freeze the peaches and apricots at home.
    Next year we're going to try drying some oranges and mandarins.
    Oh, to me this sounds like a description of the Garden of Eden! Lucky you!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Common blockers: cheese, cottage cheese, rice, bananas, too much fiber, and sugar.

The standard looseners like prunes or magnesium don't seem to work for me. They just... TMI alert ... give me runs around what's already there, so to speak. It's like having diahrrea and constipation at the same time. For that reason, I'm afraid to try commercial laxatives.

Stuff that works for me:
    Nuts and seeds. Not a wimpy ounce. A LOT, like a whole 6 oz jar of macadamias in a day. Or 6-8 ounces peanuts, or lots of sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds. Seed meat only. Don't eat the tough pumpkin seed shells, those are sharp all the way through.

Tomato juice with cooked with fennel/anise. Again, use a lot. Like a tablespoon of fennel seeds for 2-3 cups of juice. Drink only one cup at a time until you know how it affects you.

Whole flax seeds. Eat a teaspoon 3 times a day for two days, then stop for a day, start up again. At least for me, flax tends to break up and soften. I get frequent urges of a little bit each time. It's very gentle on those sore muscles.

Good luck and sorry for the TMI!
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.