Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre Diets page 4

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Or you could eat nothing but potatoes for two weeks. Just sayin'....................
    careful, all-meats
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Found these two genius diets via the web. Yes, they're real.

Pretend to Eat Food
    Now this diet is just silly. Remember when you were a child. Maybe your sister had a little tea set and you would happily eat pretend food and drink pretend tea along with her. Well, the “Air Diet” could almost be considered the grown up version of this childhood game. Pretend eaters actually cook a meal for themselves, take spoonfuls of REAL food, bring them to their mouths, and put the food back in their plates. They claim that by pretending to eat real food, they feel full and satisfied. If you do feel a little peckish in between “pretend meals”, fear not! You can snack on the recommended “water soup” which is nothing more than a bowl of water and salt...satisfying!
    The funny thing is that this was what I did on Christmas Day. Kinda

We had 25 people coming over for lunch, so I had this massive ham out of the oven carving it up. The outer layer was literally a inch thick of crackling/fat. So I ate about 1/4 of the 'skin' while carving it up, then was completely full while everyone else was eating.

Luckily I could look after my son during the meal and nobody noticed.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    The funny thing is that this was what I did on Christmas Day. Kinda

We had 25 people coming over for lunch, so I had this massive ham out of the oven carving it up. The outer layer was literally a inch thick of crackling/fat. So I ate about 1/4 of the 'skin' while carving it up, then was completely full while everyone else was eating.

Luckily I could look after my son during the meal and nobody noticed.
    Except these people don't eat before the meal, they just don't eat period. Although that's not what I find weird about it. Fasting, right? What gets me is they actually make a full meal only to not eat a bite and throw it all away. Seems like a waste.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    careful, all-meats
    Fear not. I have not gone off into totally carnivorous ZC land. My diet is meat-centric but with some vegetation around the edges.

you still tread the edges of the land of Woo :P
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Cold potatoes all day are well into that land... and gross to boot!
    If I added half a grapefruit before cold potatoes for breakfast and lunch it could be certifiable, OR it could cause even faster miraculous weightloss!

Also... keto for medical neurological reasons is not Woo, it's science prescribed by a doctor. Of course around here that is shaky ground too.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-02-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

go out and ask the average joe what heshe thinks about a mostly meat diet and heshe will clutch their bread to their chest and scream WOOO!! while pointing

i think it's a valid diet, it works for her, the pcos lady who went all meat and organ has it working for her, and i'm okay with that

i'll probably have to do it too, because i know/believe it will help

i just like nuisance-ly pointing out one woo while they're pointing out another
    beautiful
    yeah you are

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I once new a guy who would not eat any food that ever contained a seed...

I'm not kidding.
    I often asked about random foods... and then called him a freak to his face.
    And then I pointed out his terrible inconsistency since bread is basically MADE from freaking seeds!

That dude pretty much tops my weird diet list.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-02-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

mzteaze is offline Junior Member
    There is always the wonderful "diet" suggested by a nutritionist I paid to see years ago:

I love butter, but she insisted that it was too fatty and TERRIBLE FOR ME so I should eat margarine instead.
    My lunch meals (and dinners) should be Lean Cuisines and diet sodas since those are portion controlled and low sugar.

The kicker: She cussed me out and accused me of not following her plan since I didn't lose an ounce following her plan.

So glad I have progressed away from that madness.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    People who intentionally eat threadworms to lose weight..does that count as a diet?

If so, that has my vote.
    Last edited by Danielfire; 01-03-2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: grammar

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast