Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bizarre Diets page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Back in the day the diet option was always understood to be high protein. You could go to any restaurant and get the diet plate which was typically tuna salad or a burger patty, lettuce and tomato and cottage cheese (non-fat didn't exist back then). Maybe a small amount of fruit on the side, almost a garnish.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Owly is offline Senior Member
    When I used to wait tables while I was doing my BA, there was a diet plate like that on the menu (I worked at a high-end private club that had a lot of older members). They had two sizes, and people had the option of a beef patty or tuna or salmon salad, and it came with a portion of cottage cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sliced melon.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Every other day diet for life. One day eat to appetite, the next day eat 500 calories (starvation), and voila, the skinny gene (SIRT-1)is triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Marilyn actually did a lot of light weights before it became popular to do so. Her diet looks primal enough, except for the sundae, but that could be her 20% :P
    We actually have a poster of her doing dumbbell bench presses in our work out room. I guess they didn't have sports bras or something back then, since she is lifting in her brazier!

Still, it's a pretty cool poster.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Marilyn Monroe 1952 doing military press:

357093105_a50b47c9ea1.jpg

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    There's the Gwyneth Paltrow eat only yellow food diet.
    That's just OCD, I got a friend who would only eat white for a while, then only blue for a while.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'll eat only brown food:

- chocolate
    - meat
    - almond butter
    - beer

Oops. That's not going to work, is it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Actually, they call this one weird, but I'm just impressed:

12 Olympics Athletes On Weird Diets - Prevention.com

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'll eat only brown food:

- chocolate
    - meat
    - almond butter
    - beer

Oops. That's not going to work, is it.
    Why not? Not every diet are for weightloss, so if your goals are to gain weight and muscles, it may not be that bad...

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Found these two genius diets via the web. Yes, they're real.

Pretend to Eat Food
    Now this diet is just silly. Remember when you were a child. Maybe your sister had a little tea set and you would happily eat pretend food and drink pretend tea along with her. Well, the “Air Diet” could almost be considered the grown up version of this childhood game. Pretend eaters actually cook a meal for themselves, take spoonfuls of REAL food, bring them to their mouths, and put the food back in their plates. They claim that by pretending to eat real food, they feel full and satisfied. If you do feel a little peckish in between “pretend meals”, fear not! You can snack on the recommended “water soup” which is nothing more than a bowl of water and salt...satisfying!

Stuff yourself with cotton balls to feel stuffed
    If you ever wondered what it’s like to feel like a stuffed animal, then this is the diet for you. Popular among models, this diet consists of ingesting cotton balls in order to feel full and satisfied. The only problem is cotton is not meant to be digested by the human body and it can leave you feeling ill for quite some time. It’s always a good idea to add more fiber to your diet, but you might want to try eating more whole grains before turning to cotton balls.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast